Woo hoo....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woo hoo....

Post by corsair on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 am

.... we've made it to France and in particular, St Malo in Brittany! We'll be in Jersey come Sunday, kids are in school Tuesday; look out second hand shops on the southern English coast!!!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5251
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Woo hoo....

Post by DuoFuzz on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 pm

"INVASION!!! affraid...Batten down the hatches, no Westone is safe....." Very Happy

Only joking mate. That's some epic travelling you've done there John, no doubt you'll be glad it's nearly over.

DAN.

DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi mate, welcome to the UK.

Never made it to Jersey but had a few holidays in Guernsey. Beautiful island, I'll never forget the views from the ferry as you go into the harbour at St Peter Port. The town is built on a hill and is as good as anywhere I've seen on my travels.

Southampton is probably your nearest airport on the mainland. If you're looking for MIJ/ Uncle Mat guitars in the second-hand shops, good luck. Most big towns have a Cash Converters where hard-up peeps hock in their (usually rubbish) second-hand instruments. You might be lucky and drop on a Westone but I guess you'll have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince What a Face

norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hendrik on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:11 am

Welcome in Europe!

Enjoy the Channel Islands and France just a few minutes away.

H.

hendrik

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 am

Congrats John!

Well...guess there´s no return on this one,and that basicaly brings that you´ll run into us eventualy now.

Racing
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Woo Hoo!

So mate, I take it you will have to have a change of email address etc? Get in touch and let me know what the state of play is there please. I'm saving that MMK75 so that you can come and pick it up in person - (Just give me fair warning of when you might be visiting though so I have time to stick the kettle on!)

Welcome to the land of mad dogs and even madder English women! Tee hee (Remember that video?)

Polly

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Hiya, gang - I'm back!! Well, in a manner of speaking; Jersey telecom have to be the most useless pack of genitalia it has ever been my sorry privilege to deal with; 2 weeks and no sign of the interweb - I'm pirating someone elses wireless atm, eh!!

I am now completely guitar-less.... well, until I get to England and have a hunt around, anyway! So I feel a bit of a fraud being here and will take a backseat until i have something to talk about ....

Poll, our email addy is the same as it was; we're keeping the NZ one becaue it's easier that way!! I'll check out Stephens vids when I have the web and not someone elses bandwidth - say 'g'day' to him for me, eh?!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5251
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Yay! Thank gawd you are still in the land of living... well in a manner of speaking!

Tell Lucy it was nice of her to take the time to reply to me on Facebook and I really appreciated it. I'll get onto that 'massive missive' I've been promising you all these months now that I know where to send it to... will you be able to read it though if you haven't got the internet yet???? Hmmmm????

Anyway, good to see you and Stephen says 'Hi'.

Take care,

Polly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum