Loads of cheap Westones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loads of cheap Westones

Post by Annoying Twit on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:59 am

I've just been checking out the "Ended Items" in my UK Ebay watchlist. There have been large numbers of Westones selling for what seems to my eyes to be very little.

Look at this Thunder Jet guitar. Sold for 63, and it has a hard case!!!! I don't (yet?) know the market very well, but surely this is a BARGAIN!!!!

Is this not Japanese made? Is it Korean? Reviews I've read suggest the Thunder Jets are Matsumoku made.

Annoying Twit

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Loads of cheap Westones

Post by norfolkngood on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 am

That's ebay for you; this sold at what someone was prepared to pay on that day. It was a Matsumoku made 1984 model (the number on the rear of the headstock gives the year of manufacture) and the seller could maybe have got more if he'd cleaned it up and taken some better photos. Having said that, it did have some buckle rash and plenty of pick-marks on the front. Looks good value if it plays OK.

Prices do vary though. I was watching the Spectrum for sale close to me (item 130379244246), truthfully described as a project guitar. No case, string-clamps missing, looks like the frets are well worn. Thought 40, maybe 50 tops... and it went for 81.

It's difficult to accurately value guitars on ebay, the conventional wisdom is that it's worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top