Westone prices suddenly on the up. Why?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Westone prices suddenly on the up. Why?

Post by Krysbass on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 am

It's good to hear prices are going up in so far as it suggests increasing respect and demand for Westone guitars (at last!) But it's obviously only beneficial in practical terms if you have one to sell, less good news if you're planning to buy a few more!

I think many people from the more recent generations of guitarists are totally unaware of Matsumoku products and their legendary quality, but word has been spreading for a while on the internet, and many of us who have enjoyed the superb experience of owning a Westone have been passing this information on.

Got to say it's a nice feeling to owning a guitar that's in demand.... Very Happy

Krysbass
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Krysbass, I was bidding on a black Thunder IIIA (late model) this week, which was in nowhere near as good condition as yours (albeit a different version, with the two humbuckers) and it sold for 317 GBP affraid !!!

That must make yours worth a pretty penny by now Wink . 10 years from now, we'll all be rich king .

Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysbass on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 pm

I had a look at that Thunder III on Ebay - I'm thinking of buying another bass for doing pub gigs with, but that one was just way too nice to risk someone with a skinful tripping over it or deciding to bounce it off the floor!

In fact, I don't think I'd have the heart to subject anything with a Westone badge on it to that sort of treatment and even less-so now that the values are going the right way!

Krysbass
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Krysbass wrote:In fact, I don't think I'd have the heart to subject anything with a Westone badge on it to that sort of treatment and even less-so now that the values are going the right way!

... yeah, this is a hard one, because we value them for what they are and would like to preserve them, BUT, they were designed and built to be hammered by players beating 'em half to death in smoky pubs and clubs everywhere!
I've decided that there's no use in NOT using them so will gig 'em every chance I get; this will save my Vantage VA900 from any further trauma!! Laughing sometimes you just can't win, eh!!! Rolling Eyes

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5210
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by logicaljohn on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:14 am

I threw in a half hearted bid on a Thunder 1a that we on ebay yesterday.. didn't win it.. it went for £129 (with a couple of broken switches) which I guess is good because both of my first two, (Thunder 1 and Spectrum DX) cost me £130 in full working good order, in the last 3 or four years. I mentioned this to Paul, from whom I'd acquired the Spectrm and he mentioned an ebay item he was watching (wouldn't tell me what though!) . He reckons he coud be pushing the prices up by telling everyone how good they are. (!)

logicaljohn
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/cosmiclobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top