Dimension IV Nut Locks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dimension IV Nut Locks

Post by Baluski on Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 am

Hey everyone, I know this is a real long shot, but is there anyone that happens to have spare nut locks for a Dimension IV for sale? If not, does anyone know of a replacement that might work in place of the originals?

Bottom line: I hate when people post pictures from the internet because they're to lazy to take their own for ebay auctions. >=(

Baluski
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dimension IV Nut Locks

Post by corsair on Mon May 24, 2010 11:37 am

Baluski wrote:I hate when people post pictures from the internet because they're to lazy to take their own for ebay auctions.

And so say all of us!!!

Right-o; the stringlock is for a Bendmaster Deluxe I assume and I'll say straight off that anyone who's got one probably won't be parting with it anytime soon as they are peculiar to Westone and as rare as rocking-horse poo... (I've got a full BD: bridge and lock and am waiting for the right project!! I know I know; makes me a real anorak)

However, a few of the guys have either fixed theirs or bought a Kahler behind the nut stringlock to complete the job so if you have a hunt through the posts you'll find a few options, I'm sure! If you do find a BD lock, then the chances are pretty good that it'll be stripped in the E/A holes and will need repairing... which thanks to Steve777 we now know how to do!!

Welcome here, Baluski; we live for pix, btw....

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I see there's a full set in stock for sale on the Spares site, but shipping is only to the UK. Would anyone with a paypal, so I can transfer you the money, be willing to ship this to the states?

Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:49 pm

So, you have a lockbase which is in good condition?? The Deluxe also has little washer shaped shims underneath the strings, so be aware of that; they're easy to make, though....

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 pm

The base is fine and I have two of the three washers underneath, but it couldn't hurt to get the full set just in case. =)

Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:20 pm

corsair wrote:the stringlock is for a Bendmaster Deluxe I assume
More likely to be the Bendmaster FT, I've never seen a Dimension IV with a Bendmaster Deluxe

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 am

Ha!! That'll teach me for not checking; I just assumed that'd it'd have a BD!!!

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top