12 string?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 12 string?

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Thorn wrote:It does say something else under the name but it's too small to read

The article doesn't help with identifying it - it mentions Westone making custom 6 and matching 12 string Panteras for him, but that's definitely a Spectrum body. It does show his X390 - a Dull Black one (I thought he had the X390CB) and does say why there's no Pantera logo on the body- he had it sanded off.

"That's the only thing I don't like about it. If they'd done it in gray instead of white, it would've been less distracting"
There's a picture of him with another Spectrum (LX or FX) and Chris Squires custom Electra-Westone bass, but that's all the Westone related information in the interviews.

Any chance you could scan this article?

Back to top Go down

I know old topic - but Rabin fans may like

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok, so this topic is where I started thinking of making a 12 string. I just bought a copy of the magazine with the spectrum 12 on it. What I found cool is it shows a few of Rabins guitars in a shot. His classic strat, A Tobias guitar (that I think he ended up using as a synth guitar) and a 390 DBK

Yes a 390 DBK. Not a CB that we all know he uses. I suspect this guitar was also used in his Don;t look away video with th white polka dots on it.

The other interseting thing is it mentions he has custom 6 and 12 string Panteras in the works. Maybe they meant Spectrum since we know he has one, but is it possible Trevor has a 12 string PAntera? if so....he is in good company Smile

I will try to scan the shots of his Westones from this mag - Sept 1987. Funny, I bought this new for 2.95 US in 1987, and I just bought it again for 12 US. Ah - gotta love ebay.

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 am

I have one of the Korean Vantage 12 string acoustic electric models and it is top notch. Awesome sound and plenty of power from the pickups. Great guitars

mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top