Annoying Twit is a fraud!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Annoying Twit is a fraud!

Post by umpdv5000 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:51 am

Annoying Twit wrote:
umpdv5000 wrote:One for Anoying Twit (your next guitar maybe?).....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110571423106&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bidding already. But, as time goes by and allocated to guitar budget gets higher, my bids will become more realistic.

Pardon me for asking, but are you used to bidding for items on ebay? The way to get an item at the lowest cost, is not to bid as its going along, but to get yourself a stopwatch of some sort that you can syncronize with the countdown of the item. Set your bid up so that the next button that you hit is the "confirm bid" or "commit to buy" button (can't think what its called off the top of my head) and somewhere between 5 to 10 seconds before the auction end hit the button! The bid that you place should be the maximum amount that you are prepared to pay for the item and hopefully it will be greater than anyone elses bid. Because you placed it so late in the auction, means that any other bidder that sees the price rise will not have enough time to set a higher bid up themselves before the auction ends. Hey presto, you have out manoeuvred the field. If you bid as you go along, you run the risk of starting an auction fever bid war with another bidder who may decide that they will win at all costs (your costs if they cut out when they have jacked the price up to a silly level). Hope you don't mind the advice.

Martin.
ebay Nazi

umpdv5000

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 am

umpdv5000 wrote:
Pardon me for asking, but are you used to bidding for items on ebay? The way to get an item at the lowest cost, is not to bid as its going along, but to get yourself a stopwatch of some sort that you can syncronize with the countdown of the item. Set your bid up so that the next button that you hit is the "confirm bid" or "commit to buy" button (can't think what its called off the top of my head) and somewhere between 5 to 10 seconds before the auction end hit the button! The bid that you place should be the maximum amount that you are prepared to pay for the item and hopefully it will be greater than anyone elses bid. Because you placed it so late in the auction, means that any other bidder that sees the price rise will not have enough time to set a higher bid up themselves before the auction ends. Hey presto, you have out manoeuvred the field. If you bid as you go along, you run the risk of starting an auction fever bid war with another bidder who may decide that they will win at all costs (your costs if they cut out when they have jacked the price up to a silly level). Hope you don't mind the advice.

Martin.
ebay Nazi

I only snipe when I'm bidding a more realistic amount. My bid on the current Thunder 1A is a bargain price. Next month (given the obsessive compulsive way my budgeting works) I'll have allocated more funds, and sniping will be more important. I've put a bid on that guitar, I'm not bidding again, and if I get it for that price, then I'll be very happy. If I don't (most likely), then there are plenty more Thunder 1As where that one came from.

I won my V100 with a last second snipe. But, as it turned out, I was the only bidder and got it for the starting bid. So, I felt a bit silly Smile

Annoying Twit

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 am

Nothing silly about that, its just the luck of the draw and a way to ensure a bargain.

umpdv5000

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:08 am

Warrn wrote:I want to see the weird double neck! Double necks are always interesting to look at.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/childs-fantastic-mixer-guitar-/320571371262?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV

Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Must be one of the recent made-in-Korea ones, can't find a picture on westone.info Suspect

C'mon AT, reckon it's time to bite the bullet if you really want a Westone. There's been a few Thunders have gone cheap-ish lately. Unless you think there's going to be fire-sales later when the public sector cuts in the UK kick in in the winter, this is as good a time to buy as any...

norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 am

norfolkngood wrote:
C'mon AT, reckon it's time to bite the bullet if you really want a Westone. There's been a few Thunders have gone cheap-ish lately. Unless you think there's going to be fire-sales later when the public sector cuts in the UK kick in in the winter, this is as good a time to buy as any...

17 hours until the auction I'm currently bidding on finishes.

Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Arrggghhhhh!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lincoln-Bass-vintage-1970s-/150490536469?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2309ef5a15

My next guitar purchase will be a Westone. My next guitar purchase will be a Westone. Can someone please buy this and get rid of the temptation to lose focus.

Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, I'm no longer a fraud as my Thunder 2A has arrived. I'll do a proper NGD thread in Member's Westones, but my first comment is this. This thing looks brand new. Perhaps the knobs are aged a bit, but apart from that, it looks shiny, new, and flawless. Maybe I'll discover flaws and/or scratches bit by bit, but I haven't spotted any yet.

Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Yep, you've got a nice example there and a case-- Smile pictures, quick.

Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 4778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Sorry, I've been playing it all night. and now it's too late to do anything more. Pictures another day.

Annoying Twit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top