Starting out...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starting out...

Post by Barry on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm

This one is USPS and yes, that's usually not too bad, but it's still higher!
UPS has good service but charges higher shipping rates and has terrible brokerage fees; $50 on the Ovation I got from Florida!

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6025
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Back to the question....

I know they are like hen's teeth, but the x70 is a solid guitar. Easy to play, too.

Ian

anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 pm

corsair wrote:
Thorn wrote:If someone is thinking of starting out on guitar, I wouldn't advise them to buy any guitar until i knew what sort of music they wanted to play.

If that someone wants to start collecting Westones - go for the high end models now, before they get too rare and expensive.

We're assuming for the purposes of discussion that we do know what style they want to/are able to play and that they have come to you for advice on buying a guitar like yours!!

Nope, you might be assuming that, don't think anyone else has since no-ones said anything about particular styles/types of music. Seems more of a list of 'I like this model' or 'these ones are cheap' - as you said in your first post, you'd recommend the Spectrum ST as common and affordable.
I couldn't make that assumption anyway, tastes too eclectic... and too many guitars for anyone to say I want one like yours...but if I had to pick guitars for different styles...

Hard rock - almost any Thunder
Hard Rock with dive bombing - Spectrum FX
Blues - unknown model 8
Pink Floyd - Concord III
Jazz - Session II
Anything at all - 84 Spectrum III, modded so the neck and bridge pickups can be on together.

Basses -
For just about anything, Thunder II (Passive) or Concord II (Two pickup version), or Super Headless X910. If you want really floor shaking dub bass, go for the Super Headless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top