i gave in to temptation.........."i know".........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i gave in to temptation.........."i know".........

Post by caucajun on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:01 pm

1978 Gibson LP recording. wasn't cheap....... affraid .........i figger it's a speculator.......maybe it'll trade for a corral o' "prestige2-fitties!"...... Laughing .........anyway......."discuss" Razz

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: i gave in to temptation.........."i know".........

Post by corsair on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:18 am

I had a tobacco-burst one of those in about 1979.... for about 2 weeks!! Just too damn heavy and too damn complicated for me at the time!!! That looks in good nick, too, man.....

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am

I don't normally care for the looks of LPs but that color and the funky plates on it really appeal to me. Very Happy

Warrn

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 am

yeah, it was the colour that got me........just like randy rhoads' custom.........i had'da havvitt! geek
............actually...i did hesitate........but the shop made it too easy.......let me lay it away as long as i wanted.......no %.........."it had'ta been did!" pig
( i was out searchin' fer westies at th' time Wink )

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Weird and wonderful. Good work, Cacajun.

anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

caucajun wrote:1978 Gibson LP recording. wasn't cheap....... affraid .........i figger it's a speculator.......maybe it'll trade for a corral o' "prestige2-fitties!"...... Laughing .........anyway......."discuss" Razz

Wow cool guitar, I've seen these, are the necks thin like the early 60's or chunky like new ones?

nasticanasta

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:59 pm

it was pretty substantial. i am not well versed enough on gibbys to make a good comparison. i s'pose i should add, at this point, that i traded it away last week. i took in a 2009 fender american deluxe tele and a boogie trem-o-verb head in trade...............yes..........i have "no shame"....... Evil or Very Mad

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:18 am

caucajun wrote:it was pretty substantial. i am not well versed enough on gibbys to make a good comparison. i s'pose i should add, at this point, that i traded it away last week. i took in a 2009 fender american deluxe tele and a boogie trem-o-verb head in trade...............yes..........i have "no shame"....... Evil or Very Mad
I'm looking at an ESP EC-1000 or a EC-500....the necks are sweet.

nasticanasta

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:21 pm

a westone prestige is a better investment santa

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:09 pm

caucajun wrote:a westone prestige is a better investment santa
I'm moving away from bolt ons...obviously I'm keeping my Pantera, TRS, and my 72 Tele custom, but I just sold my Ibanez RG4EX1 for this new ESP, and the only Westone I would buy in the future is another TRS, no other westone neck has come close except the Panteras, and with all I would do to it to make it up to my specs, I'd be better off looking for a TRS anyways...if I ever find one, as of yet, the one I own is the only one I've ever seen in person. No offense (cause I realize this is a "brand" based forum) I'm not "into" any particular guitar brand except the one's that play the best in my hands, so that's where my loyalty lies, and music and feel and sound are way more important than loving something just cause of the name, it's a fine line I suppose of what I will "put up with", for example I wanted that Gibson LP feel and sound but wasn't ready to spend $2-3K, found a sweet Ibanez AR200 Goldtop and it was the perfect fit, practically the same guitar but a less chunky neck! Anyways...the ESP's are the poop (for me at least) super fast necks ultra low action, XJ frets, just bought a MH-250 neck thru, it's effortless to play just like my TRS. But I don't get guitars just to collect them, I actually use each of them, so I'd only want as many guitars as I need, a back up to each kind I have would do it! lol!

nasticanasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:27 pm

nasticanasta wrote:...I'm not "into" any particular guitar brand except the one's that play the best in my hands...feel and sound are way more important than loving something just cause of the name
True enough Nasti. Half of my collection is non-Mats, partly for that reason. For example, I love my vintage Gibson ES330, but I also have a Vintage brand LP "lemon drop" which serves me very well and is way cheaper than a branded Gibby. And the neck is 60's feel just like the real thing. Same thing for the 'Tele' clone and the Parker Hornet and ....
...the ESP's are the poop (for me at least) super fast necks ultra low action
I'm seeing more of these on stage and elsewhere. Glad to hear the endorsement. Must investigate.

GUITARS : http://legend.barryeames.com/guitars.html
MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: http://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6021
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:35 pm

nasticanasta wrote:...I'm not "into" any particular guitar brand except the one's that play the best in my hands...feel and sound are way more important than loving something just cause of the name

Yep... very true, and it's refreshing to hear you praising something other than the big 3!! Don't know much about ESP except that Metallica use them?? The reason I like these old Japs is the workmanship and design that went into them all those years ago which made the biggies sit up and up their game; there had been some rather shoddy guitars about in the 70s and 80s from the American companies, eh! My main guitar for a long time was a Matsumoku Vantage VA900 which served with no backup for a long time; you can't say better than that!!

I think we may have another convert to Uncle Matt in the Netherlands; always good to see!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:41 pm

nasticanasta wrote:
caucajun wrote:it was pretty substantial. i am not well versed enough on gibbys to make a good comparison. i s'pose i should add, at this point, that i traded it away last week. i took in a 2009 fender american deluxe tele and a boogie trem-o-verb head in trade...............yes..........i have "no shame"....... Evil or Very Mad
I'm looking at an ESP EC-1000 or a EC-500....the necks are sweet.

westone prestiges are set necks....at least, mine is.

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top