Hipshot Tremsetter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hipshot Tremsetter?

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:45 am

Does anyone have a Hipshot Tremsetter installed on their guitar? Or ever used one with it installed?

VID

Seems like a simple idea, but a good one........if it works.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hipshot Tremsetter?

Post by corsair on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

I researched these devices for use on my Spectrum LX and went for the Goldo Backbox, out of Germany which is an easier install and actually works!

Have a look here, bro...

http://joe.emenaker.com/TremStabilizers/BackBox.html

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5251
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm

The other guitarist in my band used one on a Floyd licensed trem and swore by it. He has since gone to fixed bridge but he did say only good things about the hipshot when he had his old ibanez. He is a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to guitar mechanics so I put more value on his claims then most. I think I will order one and give it a try myself. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:57 am

boutjp97 wrote:The other guitarist in my band used one on a Floyd licensed trem and swore by it. He has since gone to fixed bridge but he did say only good things about the hipshot when he had his old ibanez. He is a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to guitar mechanics so I put more value on his claims then most. I think I will order one and give it a try myself. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

I have fitted a number of Hipshot Tremsetters to guitars and I have one in use myself on a guitar. but unless you are going to get a Hipshot Tremsetter at a give-away price, I would go for the Goldo Blackbox that John is recommending, for three really good reasons... 1. They are cheaper. 2. They do exactly the same thing. 3. Unless you are used to doing awkward modifications the Goldo Blackbox is way easier to fit. The only reason that I have fitted so many Hipshot Tremsetters to guitars is because I am a repair luthier and I had never come across the Goldo Blackbox until recently. Needless to say it will be the Goldo Blackbox that I will recommend and fit in future. Check this link out of Thomann in Germany... http://www.thomann.de/gb/goeldo_blackbox.htm

Martin.

umpdv5000

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:44 am

Thanks for the info. The more I read on the backbox the more I like it. Every review I read says the same thing, way better than the hipshot and just as good as the ESP but almost half the price. I found an ebay seller in US who sells for $30 each. Think I'll be getting a few from him. Thanks for the insight.

boutjp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 am

who is the ebay seller? I might want to grab one and try it out too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I dont do the dive bombs or use the trem all that much, but I really dont like when I bend a note and the other strings go flat as a result of a trem, so I checked out the Goldo details and it looked good. Good enough to buy 2 from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140465055009&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

One for my Pantera and one for my old stratocaster. I hope it works out well - i'll post my thoughts after I install them

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 am

You won't be sorry!! Smile Cool The seller is Joe Enemaker, the guy that did the "How to install..." vid that I posted the link to above....

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks John!! This looks like just the item for my APII. cheers

anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Sorry, haven't been on for a while. Yes that is the seller I bought 2 from also. Can't beat that price. Very Happy

boutjp97

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm

boutjp97 wrote: Can't beat that price. Very Happy

I can!! I get 'em direct from Thomanns!! Laughing I've gotta say, though, that Enemakers price is very bloody sharp indeed!!! Cool Smile

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum