New guy and new Sid poole Westone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New guy and new Sid poole Westone

Post by axeman3d on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Guys just bougth my first westone like 30 mins ago in my local guitars shop could not put it down i think its a corsair custom made in england in a tobacco busrt HSS config but they have swapped out the pickups for Seymour duncan hum and fender noiseless singles but other than that what a great playing guitar
any more info apprecitaed on these as i knew nothing about them until 30 mins ago//

thanks
Andy

axeman3d

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: New guy and new Sid poole Westone

Post by Old Fuzzface on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Hello Andy and all,

Another newbie checking in. Just found this forum recently - it's nice to know that there are other Sid Poole Westones out there being loved and cherished. I can never remember the model name of the one that I have but it's the HSS version with an Ash body.

I've had for a few years now but only just put some Suhr pickups in it. The originals, which I think were Gotoh, were no great shakes. They were a bit dark and dull for me. I also replaced the 5-way with a Strat version and shielded the cavity with copper foil. It picks up less hum now than my Strat Plus that has Lace sensors in it.

A great guitar. I hope you enjoy your's as much.

All the best.

Ian.

Old Fuzzface

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Welcome, guys.... are you gonna show these guitars or just tease us?!?! Laughing

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5212
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top