Floyd Rose Original on a Spectrum SX?

Post by Breidablik on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Would that fit?

Breidablik
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Floyd Rose Original on a Spectrum SX?

Post by corsair on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 pm

I don't know for sure but I'm picking that there would be problems which while not insurmountable, may be quite offputting. I do know you'd have to rout the body for a FR, and that the string spacing is probably different... Colt has done a FR conversion and I gathered that it wasn't the happiest of times! Shocked

What's wrong with your SX's FT??

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5252
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Breidablik on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:17 pm

corsair wrote:I don't know for sure but I'm picking that there would be problems which while not insurmountable, may be quite offputting. I do know you'd have to rout the body for a FR, and that the string spacing is probably different... Colt has done a FR conversion and I gathered that it wasn't the happiest of times! Shocked

What's wrong with your SX's FT??

I see. Nothing wrong with the FT. I'm just used to the Floyd and like it, and i have one on a guitar i dont use anymore. Thanks for the reply.

Breidablik
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 pm

At the bare minimum, you will have to re-rout the neck pocket, moving it back about 3/8". This is so the Floyd will make 25.5" scale. Otherwise you will never intonate this guitar. Additionally, you may have to deal with spacing issues in the tremolo pocket and possibly the rear pickup cavity as well.

Another possibility might be to split the difference between the neck pocket and the tremolo studs (move each 3/16" close to each other).

It can be done successfully on some of the bolt-on neck Westones - not sure about your application.

Search is your friend - there are several threads on this subject.

The #1 reason (and really only one in my opinion) is to use a D-Tuna. Otherwise - if your Bendmaster is not broken and is still functional - don't do it.

colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top