found an ARIA pro II "pe-r80" in a pawnshop..................

View previous topic View next topic Go down

found an ARIA pro II "pe-r80" in a pawnshop..................

Post by caucajun on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:32 pm

pretty cool, actually..............but they got $1999.99 on it............ Evil or Very Mad

i handed it back.......................... Rolling Eyes

caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: found an ARIA pro II "pe-r80" in a pawnshop..................

Post by norfolkngood on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm

How much??? What a Face

norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Let's do prospective buying and selling through the PM function, please, fellas!!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5248
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Suspect

no prospective buying and selling goin' on. i don't own it....so, i can't sell it.

i saw it, i got a price, i handed it back. ..............any thoughts?....feel free to share.

Smile

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I´ll bite n hand you my two pennies worth.

Have followed the market to the best of my understanding as far as the Arias goes last couple of years and what i can tell you is that they´ve escalated quite a bit when it comes to the more highend ones.

2000 bux for a PE-R80 though is just somebody on a trip though. So far.
It is however not uncommon to see highend Arias hoover around the 1000 mark TBH,and indeed..they are climbing,and at a rather rapid rate at that.

The really "silly" Arias are MUCH more expensive than that,then on the other hand they´re about as scarse as hens teeth.
I´d go as far as saying that we´re experiencing a general hausse in interest as far as the "early" high quality jap designs as a whole. By early i mean break 80 guitars,and these are turning vintage by any measure.
Arias being one of the more known brand together with for instance Ibanez it just stands to reason that those two brands is where we´ll see the most hype going on and my bet is that we´ve so far only seen the top of the iceberg-sorry to say,for better for worse.

This half n half hysteria hasn´t reached the mid 80s guitars a´la the Westones quite yet it seems...but my guess is that it´ll get there with them too.

What i´m saying is that all of us in the loop know how great these guitars are and altho i for one don´t anticipate vintage "gibby" prices chances are that the prices will increase by at least 100% for some of them before the smoke clears and that simply brings that if you wanna get a certain model or whatever...they´ll most likely wont turn cheaper over time.

2000 dollars for a PE-R80 though is so far just plain stupid. I don´t care how mint it might be.
For the sake of argument i just picked up a TA-100 i Japan that....needs a little work..sure....but at the rate of 410 dollars,which is more like it IMO. Cheap even seing it´s a 100.

Racing
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

yeah..........it proves the degredation of my eyesight........when i looked at it @ 10ft behind the counter, i could'a swore it said $199.99..............i hadta say "no" to that extra 9...........the adrenaline rush is still lingerin' bounce

caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 am

caucajun wrote: Suspect

no prospective buying and selling goin' on. i don't own it....so, i can't sell it.

i saw it, i got a price, i handed it back. ..............any thoughts?....feel free to share.

Smile

Sorry, man - mental note to self; engage brain before putting mouth in gear!! Laughing I think we've all felt the tingle of that adrenalin rush, eh; I'm still livid about the gripper in Rotorua who wouldn't bargain with me over a Spec FX....

2K for any Matt is a long way from realistic, regardless of what we think they're worth, eh!!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5248
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 am

I woulnd´t say John.
The scarse ones are collectables by any standard and as such prices roar.

Including but not limited to;
NS
GC
1000U

asf.
A thousand dollars won´t suffice long on that turf.

Last NS i was offered was like 6000....go figure..
(Which i of course declined)

Racing
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top