Bendmaster Deluxe - Broken saddle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bendmaster Deluxe - Broken saddle

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Hello Chaps,

When I dismantled the Bendmaster Deluxe bridge off my Genesis II, I noticed that one of the little lugs in front of the roller, which the string passes under, had been bent downwards. As I was cleaning it, the end of the lug snapped off. I was wondering, would it be possible to get this welded/soldered back on? I still have the broken piece. Would it affect the way the strings lie if I just left it as it is or will I have to try and find a complete replacement for it? confused

Pauline :queen: :flower: (YAY! I just found the rest of my smilies!)

Back to top Go down

Re: Bendmaster Deluxe - Broken saddle

Post by colt933 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I think you could have it brazed (that's what we call it in the US).

This process uses 1100 degree (fahrenheit) silver solder, some flux, and a propane torch, and is the next best thing to TIG or MIG weld. It is not done with a soldering iron but some people may call it soldering.

colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:44 am

Hiya Colt,

Thanks for that info. Yes, I've heard of that technique before, it's sort of a cross between welding and soldering. Smile

:?: Now, for my next question:

Does anybody here know how to do it and would they be able to do it for me if I sent the bits? (Please?) bounce

Thanks in advance! cheers

Pauline :flower: :queen: (Yay! My smilies are back in their proper place!)

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Tue May 13, 2008 12:50 am

Pollyanna wrote:Would it affect the way the strings lie if I just left it as it is or will I have to try and find a complete replacement for it?

... no, I don't think so. Finding a replacement would probably involve getting a complete bridge that someone's parting out so that's a long term plan!! Sad Brazing on the little tag would as fiddly as hell; I can do it but I'm 12,000 miles away and aren't good enough for small bits like that on irreplaceable bridge pieces anyway!! Very Happy

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5248
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top