Pantera X350MA possibly for sale

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pantera X350MA possibly for sale

Post by Iceman on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 pm

That one has definitely seen the oliphant...

Lotsa hard won Mojo for sure, dap.

Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2859
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 am

Nice mojo on this one so it must play and sound great. It sure does look good. Like the color.

mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:12 am

What type pickups are installed in it now. The originals were Westone actives wern't they? Still a nice axe.Any input on this one as I am no expert on these?

mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 am

Time to count my pennies. Sad Sad Sad Sad

TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:33 am

TVill25 wrote:Time to count my pennies. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Never ceases to amaze me, the curves on those things!!! Yowsa! Shocked

Well I'll say it if no one else will, I AM JEALOUS!!! cheers Great score man, the needle in the haystack.

The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 am

mortarman120gang11c wrote:What type pickups are installed in it now. The originals were Westone actives wern't they? Still a nice axe.Any input on this one as I am no expert on these?

They may still be the OEM pickups as they had covers on them with the bird logo under the high E. I think they should be MMK 75s.....

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5210
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 am

corsair wrote:
mortarman120gang11c wrote:What type pickups are installed in it now. The originals were Westone actives wern't they? Still a nice axe.Any input on this one as I am no expert on these?

They may still be the OEM pickups as they had covers on them with the bird logo under the high E. I think they should be MMK 75s.....

Mine has MMK75's and is not active, but I think Westbone's has active ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:55 am

sarcaster wrote:
corsair wrote:

Mine has MMK75's and is not active, but I think Westbone's has active ones.

I wonder if any of the 390's come with active pups and we just don't know about it yet? Unless someone on here already knows. Laughing

The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:24 am

The Chad wrote:
I wonder if any of the 390's come with active pups and we just don't know about it yet? Unless someone on here already knows. Laughing

Mine 390 has actuve PUPS - but alas they are not the originals - its got some EMGs in there that really sound good for the guitar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:33 am

sarcaster wrote:
The Chad wrote:

Mine 390 has actuve PUPS - but alas they are not the originals - its got some EMGs in there that really sound good for the guitar

I've been itchig to try a pair of EMGs in something, great for that hard sound.

The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by dap9 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:07 am

Got an email from the guy yesterday. He's gonna put the ol' gal up on ebay w/ some other gear. I told him to let me know so I can post a link for him. So until futher notice...

dap9
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:07 pm

dap9 wrote:Got an email from the guy yesterday. He's gonna put the ol' gal up on ebay w/ some other gear. I told him to let me know so I can post a link for him. So until futher notice...

Ebay sucks, i've sold a few guitars and with their charges and paypals they take waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much. He'd make more money selling it directly to one of these fine lads on the forum. Very Happy

hobster

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

The Chad wrote:
sarcaster wrote:
The Chad wrote:

I played with EMGs for a while and got over it. I believe the best use for them today is on songs where you need a humbucker for the dirt, but you need a clean sound too that's not too warm or dark. EMGs get really bright and brittle when you roll the volume back. Think Metallica. Just about any song from the black album forward that required both clean and dirty guitars was recorded with EMGs. If they didn't need the clean, they didn't use the EMGs. You can see this in their live shows too.

colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am

colt933 wrote:
The Chad wrote:
sarcaster wrote:
The Chad wrote:

I played with EMGs for a while and got over it. I believe the best use for them today is on songs where you need a humbucker for the dirt, but you need a clean sound too that's not too warm or dark. EMGs get really bright and brittle when you roll the volume back. Think Metallica. Just about any song from the black album forward that required both clean and dirty guitars was recorded with EMGs. If they didn't need the clean, they didn't use the EMGs. You can see this in their live shows too.

Great info Colt, thanks for the insight. That's actually very helpful.

And about Ebay, we don't need ANOTHER super high priced Westone all over the place for everyone to see. Seriously, will drive pricing up. Mad

The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top