Back from a week of hunting.... NOT Westies though...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Iceman on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey gang!!

Got back yesrterday from 9 days of tromping up and down hills, thru and around sloughs and ponds, braving the horrors of burnt onions and spuds, worked hard each evening to support the distilling industry (thought of you more than once Graham) and generally recharged the battery in doing so.

3G coverage was pretty dicey up in the Southern fringes of the Great White North (sorry Barry) but even in the Northern climes of Minnesota I chanced upon a very cozy bar/restaurant that had a WIFI network recently installed.

Enough rambling for now. The point of discussion I would like to offer is that I do have a few pictures and tales to share but do realize that hunting is not everyone's cup of tea (or thinners, to turn a phrase).

I suppose I am floating a trial baloon here but would appreciate your opinions on posting pics and sharing details. I make no apologies for my love of hunting and the inevitable loss of life when successful but do not wish to offend others whose feelings on the matterare opposite of mine.

Discuss, please...

Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2859
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Back from a week of hunting.... NOT Westies though...

Post by Westbone on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Fire away..... Laughing

Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 4778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Don't have any objection to hunting as long as what is killed is used (food or whatever), and injured animals are not left to die slowly, but killing just for the hell of it doesn't do it for me.

westcoaster

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 pm

I thought this was a Westone guitar forum!! I must have logged into a different site by accident.

bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:59 pm

We've had discussions about cars, lightbulbs and just about everything in between inn this bit; if Ice has stuff to share with the class, then I'd like to hear about it!

mind you, my opinion on this subject is coloured by the fact that I've hunted and fished to feed my faMily for years, and I've spent many very pleasurable times in the scrub either by myself or with like minded people!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Well gentlemen, my hope is that keeping this within the confines of the Non-Westone section will not draw the ire of too many of you. As is true with all of you I'm certain, there are things other than guitars that have contributed to the well rounded individual you have come to know me to be.

With exception to certain portions of the viscera everything is eaten or used in my household. My conservative estimate is that about 3% of a whitetail goes to waste when I am through with it.

Perhaps a couple of pics just to set the mood then...

A late start into the hills this Friday past, clear and about 22° F at about 6:35 A.M.

A must have in the blind if you do not wish to scare off the quarry and still want to practice. It is a guitar site after all... Laughing (Sorry BJB, I could not resist)

The view out the back window. Really nothing to see here, move along now...

A calling card from the REAL whitetail killing experts of Northern Minnesota. A pair came skulking in about an hour or so after me but bolted after catching my scent I'm thinking.

Will post more as I get them up online...

Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Looks like it was a great trip. I grew up hunting and fishing way down here in the south but that has since slowed down to a crawl since my injuries and discharge in 2006. I will get put back together again like humpty dumpty one of these days and get back in the stand again. Meanwhile my guitars and fishing keep me busy. Thanks for the pics.

mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fish on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Very Happy Hi Steve, looks like you had a good time, whens the next installment, I'm waiting for the pics of Big Foot What a Face

fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

fish wrote: ....whens the next installment, I'm waiting for the pics of Big Foot What a Face

Believe me or don't, but the time when I did see a sasquatch Shocked I had no camera handy.

I will get a few more pics up soon, including the pictures of the buck I managed to take a share of. Just have not had a minute to get then over to Photobucket for posting yet.

Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top