Hey! Listen to this.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey! Listen to this.....

Post by gittarasaurus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm

old pictures can be embarrassing sometimes, but how about some old recordings? or new ones even?
i am sure there are many here who have recordings in one form or another of their westone guitars.

i'm not afraid to embarrass myself a little bit, so i'll get this started....

i played my thunder IIA in a band for about 6 years, in the early 90's. i have hundreds of recordings of rehearsals and live shows.

i have loaded up to the archive.org website, about 25 live shows we did around the Washington DC area and up and down the east coast. i recorded the shows myself with microphones and a cassette recorder, so the quality varies quite a bit from show to show. there are some good, some bad, some ugly, but always (well, mostly always) loads of fun (at least for us). after all, how could it not be, the name of the band was Koo Koo Heads! so check it, if you dare......

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%28collection%3AKooKooHeads%20OR%20mediatype%3AKooKooHeads%29%20AND%20-mediatype%3Acollection&sort=-downloads

and then add your links and let us hear what a westone can do.....

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey! Listen to this.....

Post by gittarasaurus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 pm

soundcloud is very easy.
here is a cut from our studio album
"Yes, Really... Koo Koo Heads"

http://soundcloud.com/gittarasaurus/dreams

Last edited by gittarasaurus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Sounds like it was alot of fun back then. Music is always fun best working job is a good fun gig.

mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:10 am

and now for something completely different.......

i don't play in a band any more. i just noodle around at home, pretending i know how to play guitar.
it can get a bit out there sometimes... especially in a very smokey room, very late at night..... Laughing

so here is bit from a late night session. only guitar sounds and effect pedals on this recording....

westoned

smoke 'em if ya got 'em! lol!

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 am

I think i just had an acid flashback! Very Happy sunny Pretty cool, i don't think you guys want to hear the band i was in in the early 90's, it was thrash metal with lots of attitude and beer! Our recordings sucked and so did our playing sometimes, but damn was it fun. :!: :!: I had a Charvel back then w/ EMG 81/85's ( Barrys favorite pickup Wink ) so no Westie recordings, but i may do some recording with a buddy of mine soon. I was into alot of psycedelic music in the early 90's - sounds like you were too.

hobster

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 pm

As I read it said somewhere out there in the wide, wide expanse of the etherworld...

"I have heard very good music and I have heard very poor music..... and now I have heard this." Shocked

Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2859
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Iceman wrote:As I read it said somewhere out there in the wide, wide expanse of the etherworld...

"I have heard very good music and I have heard very poor music..... and now I have heard this." Shocked

sounds like my good friend Groucho Marx to me....

that's ok, i played some other stuff like this for an old friend and his response was ,[ affraid ], i should get professional help..... but i don't think he meant that i needed a producer

lol! lol! lol!

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:21 pm

I liked "Time after time"....

I have no Westone recordings at all, and the only stuff I've got left from a 30 year career of semi professionalism is a recording that was made as a giveaway example of what we did as a covers band at the time....

I was playing a Matsumoku, though.... Vantage VA900...

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I actually enjoyed it quite alot, Mike.

I cannot think of one style of music or instrument for that matter that I can honestly say I do not care for, let alone detest.

Well, maybe the kazoo... and the vuvuzela. Yeah, cannot abide a vuvuzela. Evil or Very Mad No affraid

Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2859
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey! Listen to this..... got another one

Post by gittarasaurus on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:56 pm

okay here we go again..... affraid

i came across some old rehearsal recordings from my band (Koo Koo Heads) and thought this one might be good for a laugh or two... the recording seemed to be the beginning of our rehearsal that night so we were just getting loosened up with this one before we worked on our more precise arrangements later on.

actually i put this one up because it is a good sampling of the various sounds i would wrangle out of my thunder IIA and all my gizmos (in about 13 minutes).
I'd Rather ....

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

here we go again, again

Post by gittarasaurus on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:21 am

Bump

today we have "music" from the Insomniac Guitar Shack...

this is what happens when a person spends too much time alone with a guitar, a pile of effects pedals, and big bag of mendocino county's finest stinky buds...

a very late night guitar drone i recorded using a Concord I
concordtrails

and another loop-dee-dooper recorded using a purple Electra/Westone X185
Purpleloopedgitubed
i just love the sound of this guitar

these are live recordings i made at home, no overdubs or post processing, so not quite studio/CD quality, but good enough for fun.

i still want to hear what other people do with their Westones (and other) guitars...
some of you must play in regular bands etc... (or irregular bands maybe, i don't know?)
sound quality doesn't matter, i have heard some gawd-awful bootlegs, but i like to hear what it was like in the raw unprocessed version, real live music.
does anybody out there record their music/ guitar playing etc...?
anybody else want to embarrass themselves here? just me?
c'mon and share
Anyone?

gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Well, my boy, all of my gear arrives today from NZ; more guitars, outboard gear, mikes, PA and all the other stuff that I pretend to make music with, so at some stage, I'll crank everything up and post some sound files!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Yep good bubs.

Pink Floyd eat your heart out.

Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 4778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bigneil on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:32 pm

I enjoyed listening very much Cool ...I thought rather pink floydy too.

I have a recording I did last year with my brother.

the story goes that about 8 years ago my brother who is good with midi and stuff and often writes his own music, had made a basic backing track, so I popped over with my acoustic guitar and strummed out some backing chords.. we then forgot all about it until last year when he found the old CD and gave it to me.

So using a Korg multi effects processor plugged directly into the mic input on my laptop I was able to record several new guitar parts and layer them on.

Although I didn't use a westone on this recording I thought I would share it anyway because I am quite proud of it.

FIND THE ANSWERS

bigneil
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top