Make me a reasonable offer for my Pantera X350MA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Make me a reasonable offer for my Pantera X350MA

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I've been researching some colouring techniques on hard maple, and to be honest, it would be easiest to bring it back to something close to the original colour. So that is certainly an option, although I think I can bring the grain out stronger than what it is currently. What I really would like is another original knob. I wish the parts site was still up.

I could use a few original knobs ( or the remade ones from the parts site) so if anyone wants to donate! I know we all are missing a few , and the only way to get them is to buy a whole guitar - ugh

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm

sarcaster wrote:I've been researching some colouring techniques on hard maple, and to be honest, it would be easiest to bring it back to something close to the original colour. So that is certainly an option, although I think I can bring the grain out stronger than what it is currently. What I really would like is another original knob. I wish the parts site was still up.

I could use a few original knobs ( or the remade ones from the parts site) so if anyone wants to donate! I know we all are missing a few , and the only way to get them is to buy a whole guitar - ugh

Some say that you can't dye hard maple and you would have to tint your clear coat and spray that to do the dye job. Others say you can just dye it. Some will dye it black and then sand the top off and leave the black in the grain. This makes the grain pop when it's done.

I need 2 switchmasters too!

colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 pm

resaerch shows colt is correct. So we will see what happens. I'm thinkin at least a year before I put this in project mode, and enjoy it as it is in the meanwhile

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: Make me a reasonable offer for my Pantera X350MA

Post by fish on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 pm

As I've posted before, they were finished in tinted 2k clear coat affraid

fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:01 am

Sponsored content