Old Banjo Westone

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Old Banjo Westone

Post by Barry on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Only seen sets so far, and no wound G's that I know of.
Why don't you spring for all 6? Live a little! rabbit

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6025
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

gittarasaurus wrote:
beavis wrote:
I do have a lot of trouble with these concerts where people are sitting, cross-legged, drinking wine and occasionnally nodding their heads. These people should go to classical concerts if that's the way they listen to music.

all i can say is, i would happily see jeff beck in a setting like that.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i have been to thousands of live shows in my life. i have had my fill of sweaty smoke-filled coliseums, and being treated like cattle or a terrorist, just for a night's entertainment.

that was fun when i was a kid, but no more for me. i don't have the energy or the physical capacity or the patience for that anymore. i'm a gittarasaurus, ya know... Cool

I get your point. And, especially with the likes of Jeff Beck, I fully understand you don't want some drunk making a fuss, or a crowd of teenage girls screaming the guy's name. Anybody would want some peace and quiet to enjoy the subtlety of the Beck. However, just for the beauty of the show, I do appreciate it when people are standing and cheering. It's rock'n'roll after all.

Again, guess it depends on the venue. Went to see Bob Dylan in an arena a few years back. I was sitting down and it was just as good. :cat:

Regarding these trems, they are a mystery to me. My MIJ strat replica has one of those old-fashioned 6-screw trems and it holds the tune just as well, if not better, than a bendmaster... Go figure (maybe because I use it more for pull-ups than dives, dunno).

beavis

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:40 pm

The Chad wrote:Bending sucks on trem geetars. I need one of them Tremol No systems. And practice will certainly improve your bends. Auto pilot kicks in and you reproduce your training. You only get out of it what you put into it! I'm telling myself that right now...
Was just looking at tremsetter.

grogg

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I installed a Göldo Backbox which works better than fine. I posted about in here somewhere....

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5212
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulS on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 am

The bassist in that clip, Tal Wilkenfeld, has developed a fairly large following. I think it is because of her technicque and tone.

PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by IanO on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 am

beavis wrote:
gittarasaurus wrote:
beavis wrote:
I do have a lot of trouble with these concerts where people are sitting, cross-legged, drinking wine and occasionnally nodding their heads. These people should go to classical concerts if that's the way they listen to music.

all i can say is, i would happily see jeff beck in a setting like that.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i have been to thousands of live shows in my life. i have had my fill of sweaty smoke-filled coliseums, and being treated like cattle or a terrorist, just for a night's entertainment.

that was fun when i was a kid, but no more for me. i don't have the energy or the physical capacity or the patience for that anymore. i'm a gittarasaurus, ya know... Cool

I went to see Jeff Healey about 15/20 years ago and even he was sitting down!! I saw Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall a year or so ago and the couple sitting net to me were talking all the way through the 1st and 2nd songs..I had to ask them to please stop...it didn't go down well but at last they stopped talking. A fantastic gig all the same.

I get your point. And, especially with the likes of Jeff Beck, I fully understand you don't want some drunk making a fuss, or a crowd of teenage girls screaming the guy's name. Anybody would want some peace and quiet to enjoy the subtlety of the Beck. However, just for the beauty of the show, I do appreciate it when people are standing and cheering. It's rock'n'roll after all.

Again, guess it depends on the venue. Went to see Bob Dylan in an arena a few years back. I was sitting down and it was just as good. :cat:

Regarding these trems, they are a mystery to me. My MIJ strat replica has one of those old-fashioned 6-screw trems and it holds the tune just as well, if not better, than a bendmaster... Go figure (maybe because I use it more for pull-ups than dives, dunno).

IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by IanO on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:09 am

sorry guys, I've not done this quote thing before and have put it in the wrong place...live and learn!

IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top