Wow, all those words written yet nothing said, impressive

Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Westone' Les Paul?

Post by westcoaster on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:16 am

There's always a right of reply here and I think you'll find people here to be honest and decent with no axe to grind, so, quite frankly your tone is out of order.  Its quite telling that you waited till after the sale to come on here and respond to legitimate concerns as to the provenance of the guitar.  So maybe you've sold a lot of guitars, all that means is that you are an expert at selling. One way to allay suspicion would be to not hide the bidding activity.

westcoaster

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:27 am

I'm not hiding ANYTHING??????

What the hell are you talking about?!

HOW...am I "hiding" anything?????

If you are referring to the way that I do not allow bidders names to be revealed, that is for the sake of buyer privacy, which EVERY BUYER is entitled to.

Or...would you like to send me details of ALL of YOUR financial transactions?

In which case...can you send me...all of your wage slips and shopping receipts for the past five years.

Ive been selling guitars all over the world for several years...and have nothing but PRAISE from my buyers.

As for the "all those words..." comment.

I suspect your the type of individual who enjoys pulling the wings off of insects for "fun"...so I'll just ignore you.

I'm happy to reply to grown-ups though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:29 am

...Or is this a North vs South thing?

I'm beginning to suspect that it IS.

Mind you, I'd be bitter and twisted if I had to live up there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:32 am

Of course you should be allowed a right of reply Muppetslayer, and if everything is as you say then we have all lost out...you as a seller financially but also anyone else interested in Westone guitars.

But the fact remains that if you had provided all this information DURING the auction we might all now be in a different place.
Your own actions threw a negative light on proceedings.

I actually placed a bid when it was auctioned the first time around but your incomplete replies to my legitimate questions made me suspicious.

And in answer to your final sentence...I did think, I did contact you for information, you didn't supply it so I'm afraid the hysteria was largely down to you - so maybe we both have lessons to learn eh?

Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:34 am

I actually REMOVED your bid...BECAUSE of your attitude.

I...CHOOSE who bids on my auction, and you were rude to me.

You would have done the same.

As for "my actions"...what actions would those be?

Be specific.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:37 am

Sorry, you have me confused with someone else...I was never rude and it wasn't my bid you removed.

Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 am

It is clear I am not going to win with any of you on this forum.

You have all collectively made your mind up that I am some kind of "fraudster guitar-demon" (nothing could be further from the truth...I have stated the guitar EXACTLY as I saw it, based on my own extensive experience in the guitar trade), and I am not going to convince you otherwise, whatever I say.

Thanks for all having an open-mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 am

"North vs South thing" ?

Stick to facts and relevant opinions and your arguments will seen as being lucid.

Start throwing in little puerile digs and you will be perceived as being an idiot.

By the way, I made no comment on your auctions.

Hoax

hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:45 am

Rightio.... those who've had something to say have said their piece - enough!

Muppetslayer, you've been in here 5 minutes and have offered nothing but justifications and snide comments. Yes, you're right about one-off, market research and test models appearing in the 70s and 80s, but without provenance, to claim that status for a guitar is, in my opinion, utterly futile and opens your credibility up to rigorous inspection.

The enthusiasts in here do get rather carried away when claims such as yours appear, and maybe sometimes hackles are raised when there is no real point in the argument, but there's no need for infantile behaviour, so let's keep it civil, eh?!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:47 am

It's a bit late in the day to start trying to claim the morale high-ground Hoax.

I'm not going to play that game.

Ive described the guitar as I see it, based on my own knowledge accumulated over many years, and which is, I am willing to bet, more extensive than most on this forum.

I will make this my last post as it is doing my head in trying to justify something which really doesn't need justifying, with people who are not prepared to listen.

It's a GUITAR.

NOT...a war crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 am

Locked.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down