Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by funkmuffin on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 pm

So, many moons ago, I bought a Corsair GT new from a local shop. Played it for a long time. Had to give it up to get a bass when I switched over from guitar.

Flash to now -- finally have the space and $$ to start piecing the favorites back together, but can't find one of these anywhere...

I know someone on this board has one, and I'll bet at least one of those people could use the money.

Can anybody help a brother out?

funkmuffin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Location : Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello Funkmuffin and Welcome! Smile

(I can't call you that!
Shocked Do you have a 'proper' name? Rolling Eyes )

I thought that I'd seen one on eBay but I've just had another look and it was a Spectrum GT!

Bugger, I must need another eye test!
What a Face

I'm sure someone might oblige you here but you might have to wait a while... depends on how desperate they are for the dosh!
Laughing

Good luck!
Smile

Pauline
:flower: :queen:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by funkmuffin on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Polly. I'm Ryan if you just can't bring yourself to type Funkmuffin. I must confess that it's one of those nicknames you wish you could get rid of, but will never be able to shake. I simply decided to stop fighting it. The guys in the band selected it after I objected to the first thing they chose for me, and as we all know, you only get one nickname-rejection...

Just imagine you finish singing "Wonderful Tonight" to 3000 people at a festival and on your way back to your spot on stage, one of your best "friends" says "Give it up for the Funkmuffin!" into a VERY loud microphone... Alas, the stories I'll have for my grandchildren.

Thanks for the response -- I am glad to wait it out, and am also glad to pay appropriately for the privilege of re-aquiring something I never should have let go of in the first place. :-)

Now off to locate that early-90's Ibanez RG570...

funkmuffin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Location : Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

G'day Ryan; which version of the GT did you have? I'll assume you've seen this...

http://www.westone.info/corsairgt.html

I'm sort-of after a Corsair 1440 in shocking pink myself!! Laughing "sort-of" because there are other guitars I MUST get before that one... Laughing

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by funkmuffin on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 pm

corsair wrote:G'day Ryan; which version of the GT did you have? I'll assume you've seen this...

http://www.westone.info/corsairgt.html

I'm sort-of after a Corsair 1440 in shocking pink myself!! Laughing "sort-of" because there are other guitars I MUST get before that one... Laughing

Mine was more or less exactly like the first (blue) one on that page, but with the bridge from the red one.

funkmuffin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Location : Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:54 am

In which case yours could have been a Japanese Westone rather than a Korean one, but we'll probably never know now, eh! It must be said, they are a good looking guitar, and I've found that Bendmaster bridge a very good one for a single locking set-up...
Did yours have a reverse headstock?

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by funkmuffin on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 am

corsair wrote:In which case yours could have been a Japanese Westone rather than a Korean one, but we'll probably never know now, eh! It must be said, they are a good looking guitar, and I've found that Bendmaster bridge a very good one for a single locking set-up...
Did yours have a reverse headstock?


Yes, mine was a reverse headstock, in metallic red with full covers on all three pickups and the Bendmaster instead of the Kahler. As I recall, it was also a very good player.

funkmuffin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Location : Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Westbone on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Corsair GT , Have a red Spectrum series II sp 6112 in red seethru maple top, bendmaster delux trem, white closed p/ups, in good nick, plays very well. Basically same guitar.

Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 4778
Location : Redbridge
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by funkmuffin on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Westbone wrote:Corsair GT , Have a red Spectrum series II sp 6112 in red seethru maple top, bendmaster delux trem, white closed p/ups, in good nick, plays very well. Basically same guitar.

Oooh. Can you send me a photo ot two? I'm new here, so I don't know if that's normally done via PM or email. I believe I set my email to be public, so that should give you what you need.

Let me know!

funkmuffin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Location : Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Umm; have we seen this beast, Westbone?! Shocked And we post our Westone guitar porn in the Member's Westones, Ryan, and our other guitar porn in Non Westone Discussion, so get cracking!! Very Happy

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Corsair GT

Post by Court_W on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi there:
Not sure if you are still looking, but I have what I think is a Corsair GT (#052235) that I'm looking to sell. I bought it used in 1992 and it was my first guitar. It is book-matched maple with a cherry sunburst finish. It has a couple of nicks, but is otherwise in in pretty good shape. Give me a shout if you are interested, Ill be happy to show some photos.

Court_W
Newbie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Bendmaster

Post by nasticanasta on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:31 pm

The worst piece of junk ever....

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:28 pm

nasticanasta wrote:The worst piece of junk ever....

Now that's hardly constructive criticism, now is it?! What do you find is the problem with them; I have 3 on various guitars - properly set up, of course - and find them as reliable as an FR or anything else I've ever played in 30 years....

Court, could you put some pictures up of your guitar; I'd like to see it and I'm sure some of the other bods would too?!!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:01 pm

corsair wrote:
nasticanasta wrote:The worst piece of junk ever....
You have got to be kidding....I guess some people will "put up" with any old crap. I wonder what the % of Floyd to bend is on Pantera's... I bet we find that most people swapped out that master junk for a real working Floyd. here's a picture of my X-275 Pantera I naturally gutted in favor of EMG's and a nice Kahler... there are these little extensions that hold down the string on a bendmaster.... ugh what junk... dive bombing with that crap rubbed against those and caused the strings to go out of tune... I played in bands playing rock and roll.... doing Trower divebombs with a bendmaster would be pointless.... I'm fully aware of how to set up any tremolo, I set up my 72 tele custom maple neck on an 85 Fander strat body with a stock floating bridge and spertzel locking tuners... that thing never goes out of tune... here's a picture of the fender and the pantera .. I also have a Trevoer Rabin Signature Series III with a TRS-1 Floyd rose type westone tremolo... it beats the crap out of the "get bent master". And my Ibanez RG4EX1QM (with its so-called problematic Edge III which is because people try to set the Edge III parallel to the body ....incorrect!!)beats the sh!t out of whatever the "get-bent-master" could ever hope in far off dreams to be. Even if you ever got the tremolo to work which i seriously doubt dive bombing that crap cause it never could handle even average use,the pickups sucked also... as you can see all my guitars are gutted for EMG's nuttin' wrong with wanting the best.


Now that's hardly constructive criticism, now is it?! What do you find is the problem with them; I have 3 on various guitars - properly set up, of course - and find them as reliable as an FR or anything else I've ever played in 30 years....

Court, could you put some pictures up of your guitar; I'd like to see it and I'm sure some of the other bods would too?!!

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Calm down; it's only a guitar, not the solution to world peace!!

Look, I've also played in all kinds of bands and done my own luthiering for nigh on 30 years now and, really, have found nothing wrong with with the Bendmaster at all; so, that's subjective as well - you haven't given any reasoned argument why you dislike them so much!

there are these little extensions that hold down the string on a bendmaster

Where? The strings on mine come up over the roller saddles, straight through to the locking device and then to the tuners....

I bet we find that most people swapped out that master junk for a real working Floyd

..and in here, I'll bet we don't!! Wrong forum for mindless slagging off of the brand, bro. Perhaps you'd be happier somewhere else?

As for the swapping out of the MMKs to whack in EMGs without giving said MMKs a decent wring out: all that's going to do is make you sound like every other widdly guitarist out there and I have always preferred to sound at least a little different to the herd!!

As I said at the start, settle down, take a deep breath and discuss the issue like a reasonable human being, eh, with reasoned points for discussion; not
ugh what junk.
?!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 pm

your first mistake is to think that one kind of pickup controls my sound to the extent it will sound like everyone else... are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
They have these things called amplifiers that get different sounds fo ryou... and things called speakers.. all different kinds... maybe if you got you head out of westone's ass you might discover you sound like every other one here who didn't swap em out.by your own statment... if you all use those pickups then you all sound the same... so I'm saying take your own advise and calm down. I know what I know.. not what I bow down too, you're just going to have to deal with how I feel on the subject. As for your discussion points... nothing of value was added. I actually told you what was wrong.. it can't handle a dive, even the locking nuts suck. just pieces of metal... absolute junk. So even though I don't like them...calm down it's only a guitar, not the solution to world peace.
corsair wrote:Calm down; it's only a guitar, not the solution to world peace!!

Look, I've also played in all kinds of bands and done my own luthiering for nigh on 30 years now and, really, have found nothing wrong with with the Bendmaster at all; so, that's subjective as well - you haven't given any reasoned argument why you dislike them so much!

there are these little extensions that hold down the string on a bendmaster

Where? The strings on mine come up over the roller saddles, straight through to the locking device and then to the tuners....

I bet we find that most people swapped out that master junk for a real working Floyd

..and in here, I'll bet we don't!! Wrong forum for mindless slagging off of the brand, bro. Perhaps you'd be happier somewhere else?

As for the swapping out of the MMKs to whack in EMGs without giving said MMKs a decent wring out: all that's going to do is make you sound like every other widdly guitarist out there and I have always preferred to sound at least a little different to the herd!!

As I said at the start, settle down, take a deep breath and discuss the issue like a reasonable human being, eh, with reasoned points for discussion; not
ugh what junk.
?!

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 am

You are quite abrasive.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by boutjp97 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 am


boutjp97
Senior Member

Number of posts : 306
Age : 43
Location : Boston, New York USA
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by silence86 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 am

roflmao, that's quite what i thought

silence86
Senior Member

Number of posts : 501
Age : 29
Location : Kaiserslautern,Germany
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:02 am

nasticanasta wrote: it can't handle a dive, even the locking nuts suck. just pieces of metal... absolute junk.

..as are the locks on the FR, halfwit!! I can certainly accept that you don't like them; I'm just saying be constructive as opposed to mindless ranting!!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 am

wow... so much for staying calm... and as for the simpsons quote you betcha! As you give mindless rantings yourself.. how odd it is that I can't state what I know is true... but now you are doing exactly what you accuse me of I see no constructive comments on your part at all.... you are just upset I called out your love of junk.... and if what you say is the case (which it isn't, the locking nut for the bendmaster is 3 little pieces of slab metal... and they bend... making them totally useless... the FR is thick & triangular) ,if all you said were true.. people would be swapping out FR or Kahlers for bendmasters.... and we all know no one is doing that... also by your own words you are saying all the westones that have FR's are absolute junk.. and westone did use FR on top models... your logic is flawed.seems you just want a flame war. If you thought you were gonna change my mind you're just as misinformed as I took you for on your first reply... I also see you resorted to name calling... proving you were wrong. You even misspelled "luthiering" brainiac.
corsair wrote:
nasticanasta wrote: it can't handle a dive, even the locking nuts suck. just pieces of metal... absolute junk.

..as are the locks on the FR, halfwit!! I can certainly accept that you don't like them; I'm just saying be constructive as opposed to mindless ranting!!

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 am

I think this is hilarious... it just proves my point.. you are deluded in thinking the pickups on an old westone are the top pickups of all time, if that were true people would be clamoring for old westone pickups.. or even the old guitars.... and have you seen what a westone garners on ebay? or even in a music shop? lol wow.. Plus you fail to realize I love my Trevor Rabin..... and guess what it didn't come with a "get bent master" also I have yet to see a picture of Trevor using a westone with the "get bent master" he always used the better models... I'm sorry you are so poor you can't afford a decent set-up.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Barry on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:44 am

Ya know if I start to tee off on this block head (as I've been known to do in the past with other a-holes here) I'll likely find my self banned from this forum for foul language.

What is it in here lately? Did somebody poison the beer supply or something? We just had another rude obnoxious new member get thrown out because he had no manners and wouldn't follow some simple posting rules, even given several chances to correct himself.
He, like this 'maroon' wanted to rant and spit instead of converse.

You may "know what you know" smart ass but that doesn't mean you know everything. There are plenty of experienced, and talented people in this forum too; performers, players, technicians, collectors, designers, as well as none other than Tom Presley himself who recently joined the Forum. And if you don't know that name, I suggest that you know nothing of which you speak.

He, and we, also "know what we know".

You have a choice Nasti man:
stop being an abusive jerk, apologize to a senior member who has shown you nothing but politeness, then share what you know instead of beating people over the head with it, and in the process maybe learn something new from us...

...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you.

_________________
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." -Chuckles the Clown


GUITARS : http://legend.barryeames.com/guitars.html
MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: http://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6029
Age : 71
Location : Port Weller, St. Catharines, Canada
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:00 pm

what you all fail to see is.. I expressed my very well documented opinion on this crappy tremolo... it is everyone who cried and bawled over it who abused this place.... just face the fact I don't like this tremolo and fdeal with it... it is you all who are demanding I "bend to your will" if you just want robots here who do not have any opinions whatsoever then I will leave, it is no place for me or anyone else who has or believes in free thought. Again... all I did was state my opinion on a crummy piece of junk that I found on several Pantera's I owned and they sucked. that's it. I'm sorry you do not like people who dissagree with you. I don't know what else to tell you but, do not go outside your house...there are people with ideas and thoughts that differ from yours...this could be quite a jolt to your system that it may cause mental or physical harm to you.

Barry wrote:Ya know if I start to tee off on this block head (as I've been known to do in the past with other a-holes here) I'll likely find my self banned from this forum for foul language.

What is it in here lately? Did somebody poison the beer supply or something? We just had another rude obnoxious new member get thrown out because he had no manners and wouldn't follow some simple posting rules, even given several chances to correct himself.
He, like this 'maroon' wanted to rant and spit instead of converse.

You may "know what you know" smart ass but that doesn't mean you know everything. There are plenty of experienced, and talented people in this forum too; performers, players, technicians, collectors, designers, as well as none other than Tom Presley himself who recently joined the Forum. And if you don't know that name, I suggest that you know nothing of which you speak.

He, and we, also "know what we know".

You have a choice Nasti man:
stop being an abusive jerk, apologize to a senior member who has shown you nothing but politeness, then share what you know instead of beating people over the head with it, and in the process maybe learn something new from us...

...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

you can see I don't use swear words or act mean... I calmly state what I mean... there may be sarcasm but sarcasm by definition is not mean, but it is very crystal clear in your obvious rant...that yes you do have implied contempt for me and my thoughts. this is really funny too.... you rant and then at the end you try and "save face" by saying, "...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you." ....LOL as "You waste time and bandwidth" you abhor what you do NOW that is funny.

nasticanasta wrote:what you all fail to see is.. I expressed my very well documented opinion on this crappy tremolo... it is everyone who cried and bawled over it who abused this place.... just face the fact I don't like this tremolo and fdeal with it... it is you all who are demanding I "bend to your will" if you just want robots here who do not have any opinions whatsoever then I will leave, it is no place for me or anyone else who has or believes in free thought. Again... all I did was state my opinion on a crummy piece of junk that I found on several Pantera's I owned and they sucked. that's it. I'm sorry you do not like people who dissagree with you. I don't know what else to tell you but, do not go outside your house...there are people with ideas and thoughts that differ from yours...this could be quite a jolt to your system that it may cause mental or physical harm to you.

Barry wrote:Ya know if I start to tee off on this block head (as I've been known to do in the past with other a-holes here) I'll likely find my self banned from this forum for foul language.

What is it in here lately? Did somebody poison the beer supply or something? We just had another rude obnoxious new member get thrown out because he had no manners and wouldn't follow some simple posting rules, even given several chances to correct himself.
He, like this 'maroon' wanted to rant and spit instead of converse.

You may "know what you know" smart ass but that doesn't mean you know everything. There are plenty of experienced, and talented people in this forum too; performers, players, technicians, collectors, designers, as well as none other than Tom Presley himself who recently joined the Forum. And if you don't know that name, I suggest that you know nothing of which you speak.

He, and we, also "know what we know".

You have a choice Nasti man:
stop being an abusive jerk, apologize to a senior member who has shown you nothing but politeness, then share what you know instead of beating people over the head with it, and in the process maybe learn something new from us...

...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

don't know what a tom presley is..don't care nor do you care who I am and that's fine seems you guys are bored enough to make flame wars your main objective, you still havnt addressed one statement I have made with any convincing logic...how you think you can make me like a tremolo I think sucks is something I cannot fathom. Did you know some people like different things... like different guitars or what have you... by your own deluded "testimonies" if I was new to this world I would think that nothing beats a Westone ever.. and that all other guitar companies should just stop and give up trying to compete with them..... of course this belies the fact I own and love my Westone Trevor Rabin Signature Series III which I must add again..... doesn't have a crummy "get bent master" it has a very nice TRS-1 which is a Foyd Rose.... OMG!!!! Westone put a FR on this!!!! how could they!!!?????!!! OMG!!!!! it's the end of the world as we know it!!!!!! Westone didn't put a bendmaster on it oh noooooo!!!!!!!!! what were they thinking!?!?!?!?!?!
rofl... now theres sarcasm.
Ya know I belong to many Forums.....and never once have I come across anything close to this display of cry-babies who can't accept the fact that I think the "get bent master" is junk... I must also say I can't find one person (other than here that loves this hunk of crap tremolo...i point you to Harmony-central.com where many people express their contempt for this very same tremolo... your bias makes this place crap.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 pm

You might not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and we cannot get a proper grasp of emotion through it, you don't sound like a nice or reasonable person. Everyone has their own opinions on what sounds good or bad and what works well or not. You don't need to insult someone's skill level just because they like stock pickups and tremolos. Personally, I don't like EMG's pickups, but I'm a bassist so I'm unfamiliar with their guitar pickups. The EMG equipped basses I've played sounded very flat.

If you like having a Floyd Rose and a set of EMGs, that's fine, but you don't need to go on and on about your dislike of the stock parts, especially considering I couldn't figure out where you were saying the problem was with the tremolo, and it seems like I wasn't the only one who had trouble understanding your message. Obviously, everyone is at fault here for this little flame war, but you're not helping to calm anyone down when you refuse to accept that most people here are quite fond of what their guitars came with. If you really didn't care, you'd just leave it at "I have my opinion and you have yours".

Really though, everyone needs to stop, or this argument will go on until the moderators kick someone out. We are generally nice people in here, and if you'd drop this argument maybe you could come to see that.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

all i said was it was junk.. just like you don't like what i use... I have no problems with you not liking what I use... the so-called argument was started by over-zealous users here... I shouldn't have to defnd myself on my own likes or dislikes...I did state the problem.. the little "fingers" or "extensions" that hold the string down make it go out of tune. Also I have stated over and over I LOVE MY WESTONE TREVOR RABIN SIGNATURE SERIES III..... and also... me stating I didn't like them is an opinion, no where do I say "there is only one tremolo and no other shall sufiice" I insulted no one nor did I insult someones skill.... I'd like to see that please. You may not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and i cannot hear the "Inflictions" of speach patterns, never assume.... yet I never used name calling and your users did.... I see more bias... call them as they fall... do not try and save face for your users poor judgemnent in calling my opinion "HERACY" I left my opinion, of how this specific item performed for me.... I certainly didn't expect a spanish inquisition.. (I didn't expect nor did i wish for attacks or controversy). It's called an opinion. it's funny you can state how much disdain you have for EMG's, yet I could care less. I think you should whatever you want on your guitars.. unfortunately this is not what your users think. will I be going on about how EMG is far superior than whatever westone uses? no....it's not my business to tell you what to use.... but I will say again.... I highly Allan Holdsworth or other top Musicians will be throwing their EMG's in the trash in favour of whatever westone put in them... besides the point wasn't EMG's.. the point was crummy tremolo's...and I don't see Steve Vai or any other top Musician chucking his FR for a "get bent master" show me one top performer doing this and I will bow down to you as gods. again for all you who cannot read because you are blinded with white hit searing anger over this... I LOVE MY WESTONE TREVOR RABIN SIGNATURE SERIES III WITH IT'S STOCK WESTONE FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO. DO YOU GET IT?

Larry Coryell may be thinking he is some sort of complete moron.. he uses EMG's if only he had your knowledge....sarcasm again.

Warrn wrote:You might not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and we cannot get a proper grasp of emotion through it, you don't sound like a nice or reasonable person. Everyone has their own opinions on what sounds good or bad and what works well or not. You don't need to insult someone's skill level just because they like stock pickups and tremolos. Personally, I don't like EMG's pickups, but I'm a bassist so I'm unfamiliar with their guitar pickups. The EMG equipped basses I've played sounded very flat.

If you like having a Floyd Rose and a set of EMGs, that's fine, but you don't need to go on and on about your dislike of the stock parts, especially considering I couldn't figure out where you were saying the problem was with the tremolo, and it seems like I wasn't the only one who had trouble understanding your message. Obviously, everyone is at fault here for this little flame war, but you're not helping to calm anyone down when you refuse to accept that most people here are quite fond of what their guitars came with. If you really didn't care, you'd just leave it at "I have my opinion and you have yours".

Really though, everyone needs to stop, or this argument will go on until the moderators kick someone out. We are generally nice people in here, and if you'd drop this argument maybe you could come to see that.


Last edited by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm

nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

now I know your lying.... and yes I said the get bent master deluxe which was on the Pantera's i own... my experience told me this was junk.. I can't offend an inanimate object.. and for someone to take up a defensive position on how I like or dislike is down right loony. Saying someone plays the brady bunch theme isnt an insult i asked a question...oh ya work on your symantics cause i never once said that he did.. i asked... if he did, for I do not know. I guessed.... regardless of what you want to rationalize it was a question. and as far as named models having the get bent maser deluxe... it was on all my pantera's... for someone claiming to know so much you failed that time.... lol now you try and perceive an exact timeline for when I gutted my pantera.... wow you assume alot.... there's the next failure in yer theory... you assumed... yes I listened to them and i didn't like them.... gosh how do Seymour Duncan and EMG even stay afloat? according to you all these products are the worst... hey.. ya know what... you sound like what you accused me of... well well well... And yes your explanation is so unclear it's like muddy water. the very fact you think you can convince me otherwise shows your lack of understanding. believe me the only thing upsetting is your retorts... I on the other hand delight in debate and am willing to debate this note for note... the true down to earth basics of this whole discussion is... I didn't like the get bent master deluxe crap and you do...whoopie! I am happy, and you can cut down what true professionals use (cause you know more than them, it's clear from all your cd's you put out) all you want and it will not bother me one inkling... I don't see why it should anyways. calling what i think is junk is appropriate I would alert anyone to what I thought was junk and you should too. Keep it up.. you somehow love this.

Warrn wrote:
nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

My true understanding of this convo and this place

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 pm

I must surmise by this ranting and flaming that you people have displayed, that you would start and actual physical fight over me not liking your so-called gift from god tremolo.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

It seems to me if you know I'm new and know (as you stated) that sarcasm doesn't go well here, you would have given me the benefit of the doubt or let it pass or even given' me a "here's a tip for you since your new", but alas, I didn't even get that. At the risk of enraging people again.. the "kneejerk"response to my comment on what I know and believe was just that...kneeejerk. My intent here was not to cause chaos or disrupt and just as I am saddened at how this all turned out, so too should you all for damning me for my heartfelt earnest beliefs.

nasticanasta wrote:now I know your lying.... and yes I said the get bent master deluxe which was on the Pantera's i own... my experience told me this was junk.. I can't offend an inanimate object.. and for someone to take up a defensive position on how I like or dislike is down right loony. Saying someone plays the brady bunch theme isnt an insult i asked a question...oh ya work on your symantics cause i never once said that he did.. i asked... if he did, for I do not know. I guessed.... regardless of what you want to rationalize it was a question. and as far as named models having the get bent maser deluxe... it was on all my pantera's... for someone claiming to know so much you failed that time.... lol now you try and perceive an exact timeline for when I gutted my pantera.... wow you assume alot.... there's the next failure in yer theory... you assumed... yes I listened to them and i didn't like them.... gosh how do Seymour Duncan and EMG even stay afloat? according to you all these products are the worst... hey.. ya know what... you sound like what you accused me of... well well well... And yes your explanation is so unclear it's like muddy water. the very fact you think you can convince me otherwise shows your lack of understanding. believe me the only thing upsetting is your retorts... I on the other hand delight in debate and am willing to debate this note for note... the true down to earth basics of this whole discussion is... I didn't like the get bent master deluxe crap and you do...whoopie! I am happy, and you can cut down what true professionals use (cause you know more than them, it's clear from all your cd's you put out) all you want and it will not bother me one inkling... I don't see why it should anyways. calling what i think is junk is appropriate I would alert anyone to what I thought was junk and you should too. Keep it up.. you somehow love this.

Warrn wrote:
nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:04 pm

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

I just don't get you people....

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:21 pm

ya know I have strived for decades to find what works for me, which meant me going through lots of equipment.... change ups swappings this and that...running things backwards & forwards...trying to get those sounds that somehow elude us all... and I know you all know what I mean. I don't have tech crews or even sound guys "contouring my sound" I don't have access to oodles of cash for countless setups and suggestions from techs and and sound engineers.... I gotta do what I gotta do to get the sound I need. And to be very honest here, I personally think the original Kahlers (the pivot style) is the best out there by far...and I don't even have one on any guitar I own. But I digress I've been playing guitar since 1978, my very first guitar was given to me by Eric Moore of the local band gone national "The GODZ", it was a 1965 Gibson Melody Maker (no tremolo!) beautiful guitar...next was 1962 Gibson ES-330 beautiful cherry finish and the old P-90 soapbar pickups trapeze tailpiece...a joy to play. Next... a 1960 Telecaster maple neck and blonde finish original tweed case yummy...all these were played through a 50 watt Gibson Atlas VI bass amp. after that I traded and wheeled and dealed and tried many many other products from Ampegs to Marshalls to Kustoms and etc. Rack mounts I've had my share.... and pedals galore....all in an attempt to get the professional sounds I heard my fav guitarists use...like Robin Trower... and Frank Marino (I'd mention the best, Allan Holdsworth, but I nor any of us can play that, plus his sound is so unique it would be an obvious rip-off), and I feel along with other musicians here in town...it's trial and error to find what you like and to know what you don't like. I know Frank Harrison (he is nationally known and has many cd's) I must add couldn't agree with me more when it comes to using the best if you want to get great results. Right now I'm using a rare ART DST-Eighty Eighty stereo rack, with the "Pearce" amp, looped Hush II and an ART 31 band equalizer, using 3 pedals...a Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 with the new extended range pot, into an old mid 70's Morely Tel-Ray Pro Flanger into a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, the cab is a B-52 (Ampeg) LG412 set up in stereo at 4 ohms per side. This is not to brag.... but to show that I think I do know something about this, every tremolo is set up by me...they all float.. even my '72 Telecaster Custom maple neck on an '85 Stratocaster body has a stock floating trem and with the locking spertzel tuners it never goes out of tune...which takes us full circle... if a trem doesn't operate well, like say goes out of tune with massive bends up and down.. then it's just junk to me for it will never satisfy my musical cravings for perfection.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks but thats 1 (one) Pantera, the other is a TRS-III I thought too at first they were the same, but they arn't the body shape is slightly different, plus the weight of a pantera is at least a whole pound more if not more...one hting that drew me to the Pantera's in the first place was the shape then it was the neck that sold me, back then I wanted a real BC Rich but they were way too expensive for me and the necks are very simular (I like wide thin necks).. but the TRS has such a faster neck there is no real comparrison....does anyone know how many of these Westone made? I read somehwere that they only made like 300 or 350 of these. All I know is i search the web at least 1-2 times a week looking for another TRS... I do know there is one TRS out there that I know is gone.. because I bought the neck from it off Ebay last year.... for $45!!!!! what a steal, the guy who sold it said the body was trashed.. so theres at least one TRS I will never get. If and when I get some real $$$$ i would love to take this extra TRS neck and have Ed Roman make an exact body of a TRS III and make a custom guitar for me (he will...)


oh ya I always forget the Ibanez JEMvw

Warrn wrote:I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Now these are the kinds of posts I want to see! Barry, Corsair, everybody else, I think we need to forget this argument happened. Nasticanasta seems like a nice enough guy to me, just read his first posts in addition to these last two! There's no reason to get bent (hah!) out of shape over his swapping out the Bendmaster or pickups; he's here because he genuinely loves his Westones. Let's everybody just calm down and get to know the guy before we kick him out over a misunderstanding.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Yay!!! me three! :-)

Warrn wrote:Now these are the kinds of posts I want to see! Barry, Corsair, everybody else, I think we need to forget this argument happened. Nasticanasta seems like a nice enough guy to me, just read his first posts in addition to these last two! There's no reason to get bent (hah!) out of shape over his swapping out the Bendmaster or pickups; he's here because he genuinely loves his Westones. Let's everybody just calm down and get to know the guy before we kick him out over a misunderstanding.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm

OK; at last - a reasoned precis; thank you! You've certainly had some nice kit over the years, as have most of us in here and the worrying thing is that a lot of the gear I bought new, and in some cases still use! - is now classed as vintage!!Boy does that make a bloke feel old....

As for the previous posts, well, I think nasticanasta bought a lot if it down on his own head with his intransigence but if all's well now, then cool; I'm all for the quiet life.....

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

I forgot to mention that I played on the same stage that Dimebag Darrel died on (which really sucked cause Dimebag could really kick ass!)... "The Alrosa Villa".. lol I'm no Dimebag.... not even close...just thought I would mention that fact I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

nasticanasta wrote:Thanks but thats 1 (one) Pantera, the other is a TRS-III I thought too at first they were the same, but they arn't the body shape is slightly different, plus the weight of a pantera is at least a whole pound more if not more...one hting that drew me to the Pantera's in the first place was the shape then it was the neck that sold me, back then I wanted a real BC Rich but they were way too expensive for me and the necks are very simular (I like wide thin necks).. but the TRS has such a faster neck there is no real comparrison....does anyone know how many of these Westone made? I read somehwere that they only made like 300 or 350 of these. All I know is i search the web at least 1-2 times a week looking for another TRS... I do know there is one TRS out there that I know is gone.. because I bought the neck from it off Ebay last year.... for $45!!!!! what a steal, the guy who sold it said the body was trashed.. so theres at least one TRS I will never get. If and when I get some real $$$$ i would love to take this extra TRS neck and have Ed Roman make an exact body of a TRS III and make a custom guitar for me (he will...)


oh ya I always forget the Ibanez JEMvw

Warrn wrote:I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

nasticanasta wrote: I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

Ah, yes - the things we do to play music to a crowd and feed the performing addiction!! I've played many genres up to and including "Mary Hopkins numbers on acoustic in wine bars", to quote Vim Fuego!! Country, C&W, bluegrass, pop, funk, disco, metal, hard rock, soft rock, and every type of jazz just to feed the fever and to be 'in a band', which is either fabulously good or horrendously bad!!

That'd be Columbus, Ohio yes?

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 pm

You betcha Columbus Ohio... (Co-lame-bus) as we call it... no one ever really comes to town except rarely.. they all go to Cleveland or Cincy... or even Akron and Toledo be fore anyone comes here... it's crazy. though we do have great regulars like Robin Trower.... he comes here at least once a year and that's always a joy, I never tire of Trowers blues style.. but anymore I must travel to Cleveland to see any good bands. But you are so right... "The things we do for love.....la la la" (aka - the song by 10cc)

corsair wrote:
nasticanasta wrote: I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

Ah, yes - the things we do to play music to a crowd and feed the performing addiction!! I've played many genres up to and including "Mary Hopkins numbers on acoustic in wine bars", to quote Vim Fuego!! Country, C&W, bluegrass, pop, funk, disco, metal, hard rock, soft rock, and every type of jazz just to feed the fever and to be 'in a band', which is either fabulously good or horrendously bad!!

That'd be Columbus, Ohio yes?

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

silly arguments removed

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm

hey is there any way we can rid this community of the "cra-zee debatee" as in removing all we posted over this grave misunderstanding by all including me?... I feel so embarrassed over it lol

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Nah, bro - let's leave it there to remind ourselves not to be so bloody precious!!!!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm

So be it, I comply. I actually thought of that while writing that...but even then I wanted to shorten its "reverence" ;-)
corsair wrote:Nah, bro - let's leave it there to remind ourselves not to be so bloody precious!!!!

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Barry on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am

nasticanasta wrote:hey is there any way we can rid this community of the "cra-zee debatee" as in removing all we posted over this grave misunderstanding by all including me?... I feel so embarrassed over it
Hey Nasti, you're not the first one to ruffle a few feathers here (including me!). Glad to see we're all resolved and focused again. Great stuff!

Now, let's start over...Hi Nasticanasta and welcome to the forum! I think you may have a few things to contribute to this Westie guitar stuff!

_________________
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." -Chuckles the Clown


GUITARS : http://legend.barryeames.com/guitars.html
MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: http://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6029
Age : 71
Location : Port Weller, St. Catharines, Canada
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm glad this could be resolved on friendly terms!

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Whoa!

Come on boys, play nicely!

I go away for a couple of days and I come back to find that you guys have been having a full blown argument... really, I thought better of you all!

However, I see that you have all 'kissed and made up' as it were, so there will be no more said about this. I hope that I don't have to start getting heavy handed with you just because one or two of you happen to disagree about a couple of things, so let that be an end to it please! Although we may have certain issues with what amounts to minor things, that we may or may not like, ultimately, we are all members of this forum for the same reason... we are passionate about our guitars.

No more throwing your toys or spitting your dummies out please or I will not buy any of you, any more sweeties, ever again!


Polly

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by boutjp97 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Sorry.

boutjp97
Senior Member

Number of posts : 306
Age : 43
Location : Boston, New York USA
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:30 pm

What he said.....

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Corsair GT

Post by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/[/img]I bought a beautiful Corsair GT in "Violin Sunburst" finish on Ebay, after getting a "crackle finish" Spectrum GT found for a steal at a flea market. It set up well, with adjustable blades for the trem system and both of my Westones play great. I hadn't heard much of Westone guitars basically, but I think they are quality instruments, and are my second favorite electric guitar brand now. I find I like mostly the 80s era axes..... hair band days with the Floyd trems. The Kaman GTX 33 is my Fav, I have two of them in different finishes. With all my guitars, I totally customize the electronics, and with my choice brands and double coil taps for the neck and bridge pups, I can get most any sound I want from metal to country.
On the Westones, I find that the Bendmaster tremelo is great, and that gadjet that keeps you in tune while string bending is a must have.


Last edited by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarify and add)

gitarboy
Newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:37 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum