Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

you can see I don't use swear words or act mean... I calmly state what I mean... there may be sarcasm but sarcasm by definition is not mean, but it is very crystal clear in your obvious rant...that yes you do have implied contempt for me and my thoughts. this is really funny too.... you rant and then at the end you try and "save face" by saying, "...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you." ....LOL as "You waste time and bandwidth" you abhor what you do NOW that is funny.

nasticanasta wrote:what you all fail to see is.. I expressed my very well documented opinion on this crappy tremolo... it is everyone who cried and bawled over it who abused this place.... just face the fact I don't like this tremolo and fdeal with it... it is you all who are demanding I "bend to your will" if you just want robots here who do not have any opinions whatsoever then I will leave, it is no place for me or anyone else who has or believes in free thought. Again... all I did was state my opinion on a crummy piece of junk that I found on several Pantera's I owned and they sucked. that's it. I'm sorry you do not like people who dissagree with you. I don't know what else to tell you but, do not go outside your house...there are people with ideas and thoughts that differ from yours...this could be quite a jolt to your system that it may cause mental or physical harm to you.

Barry wrote:Ya know if I start to tee off on this block head (as I've been known to do in the past with other a-holes here) I'll likely find my self banned from this forum for foul language.

What is it in here lately? Did somebody poison the beer supply or something? We just had another rude obnoxious new member get thrown out because he had no manners and wouldn't follow some simple posting rules, even given several chances to correct himself.
He, like this 'maroon' wanted to rant and spit instead of converse.

You may "know what you know" smart ass but that doesn't mean you know everything. There are plenty of experienced, and talented people in this forum too; performers, players, technicians, collectors, designers, as well as none other than Tom Presley himself who recently joined the Forum. And if you don't know that name, I suggest that you know nothing of which you speak.

He, and we, also "know what we know".

You have a choice Nasti man:
stop being an abusive jerk, apologize to a senior member who has shown you nothing but politeness, then share what you know instead of beating people over the head with it, and in the process maybe learn something new from us...

...or, you know, just piss off!
Life's too short to be wasting time and bandwidth with such negative and argumentative people such as you.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

don't know what a tom presley is..don't care nor do you care who I am and that's fine seems you guys are bored enough to make flame wars your main objective, you still havnt addressed one statement I have made with any convincing logic...how you think you can make me like a tremolo I think sucks is something I cannot fathom. Did you know some people like different things... like different guitars or what have you... by your own deluded "testimonies" if I was new to this world I would think that nothing beats a Westone ever.. and that all other guitar companies should just stop and give up trying to compete with them..... of course this belies the fact I own and love my Westone Trevor Rabin Signature Series III which I must add again..... doesn't have a crummy "get bent master" it has a very nice TRS-1 which is a Foyd Rose.... OMG!!!! Westone put a FR on this!!!! how could they!!!?????!!! OMG!!!!! it's the end of the world as we know it!!!!!! Westone didn't put a bendmaster on it oh noooooo!!!!!!!!! what were they thinking!?!?!?!?!?!
rofl... now theres sarcasm.
Ya know I belong to many Forums.....and never once have I come across anything close to this display of cry-babies who can't accept the fact that I think the "get bent master" is junk... I must also say I can't find one person (other than here that loves this hunk of crap tremolo...i point you to Harmony-central.com where many people express their contempt for this very same tremolo... your bias makes this place crap.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 pm

You might not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and we cannot get a proper grasp of emotion through it, you don't sound like a nice or reasonable person. Everyone has their own opinions on what sounds good or bad and what works well or not. You don't need to insult someone's skill level just because they like stock pickups and tremolos. Personally, I don't like EMG's pickups, but I'm a bassist so I'm unfamiliar with their guitar pickups. The EMG equipped basses I've played sounded very flat.

If you like having a Floyd Rose and a set of EMGs, that's fine, but you don't need to go on and on about your dislike of the stock parts, especially considering I couldn't figure out where you were saying the problem was with the tremolo, and it seems like I wasn't the only one who had trouble understanding your message. Obviously, everyone is at fault here for this little flame war, but you're not helping to calm anyone down when you refuse to accept that most people here are quite fond of what their guitars came with. If you really didn't care, you'd just leave it at "I have my opinion and you have yours".

Really though, everyone needs to stop, or this argument will go on until the moderators kick someone out. We are generally nice people in here, and if you'd drop this argument maybe you could come to see that.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

all i said was it was junk.. just like you don't like what i use... I have no problems with you not liking what I use... the so-called argument was started by over-zealous users here... I shouldn't have to defnd myself on my own likes or dislikes...I did state the problem.. the little "fingers" or "extensions" that hold the string down make it go out of tune. Also I have stated over and over I LOVE MY WESTONE TREVOR RABIN SIGNATURE SERIES III..... and also... me stating I didn't like them is an opinion, no where do I say "there is only one tremolo and no other shall sufiice" I insulted no one nor did I insult someones skill.... I'd like to see that please. You may not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and i cannot hear the "Inflictions" of speach patterns, never assume.... yet I never used name calling and your users did.... I see more bias... call them as they fall... do not try and save face for your users poor judgemnent in calling my opinion "HERACY" I left my opinion, of how this specific item performed for me.... I certainly didn't expect a spanish inquisition.. (I didn't expect nor did i wish for attacks or controversy). It's called an opinion. it's funny you can state how much disdain you have for EMG's, yet I could care less. I think you should whatever you want on your guitars.. unfortunately this is not what your users think. will I be going on about how EMG is far superior than whatever westone uses? no....it's not my business to tell you what to use.... but I will say again.... I highly Allan Holdsworth or other top Musicians will be throwing their EMG's in the trash in favour of whatever westone put in them... besides the point wasn't EMG's.. the point was crummy tremolo's...and I don't see Steve Vai or any other top Musician chucking his FR for a "get bent master" show me one top performer doing this and I will bow down to you as gods. again for all you who cannot read because you are blinded with white hit searing anger over this... I LOVE MY WESTONE TREVOR RABIN SIGNATURE SERIES III WITH IT'S STOCK WESTONE FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO. DO YOU GET IT?

Larry Coryell may be thinking he is some sort of complete moron.. he uses EMG's if only he had your knowledge....sarcasm again.

Warrn wrote:You might not see it in your own writing, but since this is text and we cannot get a proper grasp of emotion through it, you don't sound like a nice or reasonable person. Everyone has their own opinions on what sounds good or bad and what works well or not. You don't need to insult someone's skill level just because they like stock pickups and tremolos. Personally, I don't like EMG's pickups, but I'm a bassist so I'm unfamiliar with their guitar pickups. The EMG equipped basses I've played sounded very flat.

If you like having a Floyd Rose and a set of EMGs, that's fine, but you don't need to go on and on about your dislike of the stock parts, especially considering I couldn't figure out where you were saying the problem was with the tremolo, and it seems like I wasn't the only one who had trouble understanding your message. Obviously, everyone is at fault here for this little flame war, but you're not helping to calm anyone down when you refuse to accept that most people here are quite fond of what their guitars came with. If you really didn't care, you'd just leave it at "I have my opinion and you have yours".

Really though, everyone needs to stop, or this argument will go on until the moderators kick someone out. We are generally nice people in here, and if you'd drop this argument maybe you could come to see that.


Last edited by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm

nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

now I know your lying.... and yes I said the get bent master deluxe which was on the Pantera's i own... my experience told me this was junk.. I can't offend an inanimate object.. and for someone to take up a defensive position on how I like or dislike is down right loony. Saying someone plays the brady bunch theme isnt an insult i asked a question...oh ya work on your symantics cause i never once said that he did.. i asked... if he did, for I do not know. I guessed.... regardless of what you want to rationalize it was a question. and as far as named models having the get bent maser deluxe... it was on all my pantera's... for someone claiming to know so much you failed that time.... lol now you try and perceive an exact timeline for when I gutted my pantera.... wow you assume alot.... there's the next failure in yer theory... you assumed... yes I listened to them and i didn't like them.... gosh how do Seymour Duncan and EMG even stay afloat? according to you all these products are the worst... hey.. ya know what... you sound like what you accused me of... well well well... And yes your explanation is so unclear it's like muddy water. the very fact you think you can convince me otherwise shows your lack of understanding. believe me the only thing upsetting is your retorts... I on the other hand delight in debate and am willing to debate this note for note... the true down to earth basics of this whole discussion is... I didn't like the get bent master deluxe crap and you do...whoopie! I am happy, and you can cut down what true professionals use (cause you know more than them, it's clear from all your cd's you put out) all you want and it will not bother me one inkling... I don't see why it should anyways. calling what i think is junk is appropriate I would alert anyone to what I thought was junk and you should too. Keep it up.. you somehow love this.

Warrn wrote:
nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

My true understanding of this convo and this place

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 pm

I must surmise by this ranting and flaming that you people have displayed, that you would start and actual physical fight over me not liking your so-called gift from god tremolo.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

It seems to me if you know I'm new and know (as you stated) that sarcasm doesn't go well here, you would have given me the benefit of the doubt or let it pass or even given' me a "here's a tip for you since your new", but alas, I didn't even get that. At the risk of enraging people again.. the "kneejerk"response to my comment on what I know and believe was just that...kneeejerk. My intent here was not to cause chaos or disrupt and just as I am saddened at how this all turned out, so too should you all for damning me for my heartfelt earnest beliefs.

nasticanasta wrote:now I know your lying.... and yes I said the get bent master deluxe which was on the Pantera's i own... my experience told me this was junk.. I can't offend an inanimate object.. and for someone to take up a defensive position on how I like or dislike is down right loony. Saying someone plays the brady bunch theme isnt an insult i asked a question...oh ya work on your symantics cause i never once said that he did.. i asked... if he did, for I do not know. I guessed.... regardless of what you want to rationalize it was a question. and as far as named models having the get bent maser deluxe... it was on all my pantera's... for someone claiming to know so much you failed that time.... lol now you try and perceive an exact timeline for when I gutted my pantera.... wow you assume alot.... there's the next failure in yer theory... you assumed... yes I listened to them and i didn't like them.... gosh how do Seymour Duncan and EMG even stay afloat? according to you all these products are the worst... hey.. ya know what... you sound like what you accused me of... well well well... And yes your explanation is so unclear it's like muddy water. the very fact you think you can convince me otherwise shows your lack of understanding. believe me the only thing upsetting is your retorts... I on the other hand delight in debate and am willing to debate this note for note... the true down to earth basics of this whole discussion is... I didn't like the get bent master deluxe crap and you do...whoopie! I am happy, and you can cut down what true professionals use (cause you know more than them, it's clear from all your cd's you put out) all you want and it will not bother me one inkling... I don't see why it should anyways. calling what i think is junk is appropriate I would alert anyone to what I thought was junk and you should too. Keep it up.. you somehow love this.

Warrn wrote:
nasticanasta wrote:are you sure you play guitar.. for real I mean.. not just picking with it in yer basement learning the brady bunch theme?
This is where I saw an insult, and I'm pretty sure it was taken as one. As for the argument, calling the tremolo "junk" is going a bit far in my opinion. I looked on Harmony Central and most of the reviews of guitars with Bendmasters are very positive. The reviews for the "Westone Bendmaster Deluxe" are for late 80s/early 90s models that are not as well regarded in terms of quality; they don't even have the model names on them, so the writers of the review went by the print on the tremolo. Regardless of this, your experience is your experience. Calling it junk offended those who like it, and your explanation didn't initially seem to be very clear. Who started the argument is irrelevant.

As for my distaste of EMGs, I was only bringing it up because I have some experience with them, where I can't relate to an argument over floating bridges because I've got no experience with them. It may not have been the focus of the argument, but there were a few comments on it. You aren't the only user here with an EMG-equipped Westone, and I believe there are a few with Duncans and DiMarzios as well. The main source of conflict over this was that it seemed you threw out the originals without trying them, based on how you phrased it. If you still have them around somewhere, someone here would likely be happy to take them off your hands.

I think the main source of the flaring tempers here seems to be that none of us are used to your typing style. It's certainly unique for this small forum, and I've only encountered similar personalities on bigger forums (where, as here, some users would get quite upset over the tone they assumed was nothing but insulting). Sarcasm just doesn't work well in text until people are more familiar with you. Hopefully once everyone has calmed down over this little spat, you won't mind sharing your music with us. I'd love to hear what your Rabin can do.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:04 pm

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

I just don't get you people....

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:21 pm

ya know I have strived for decades to find what works for me, which meant me going through lots of equipment.... change ups swappings this and that...running things backwards & forwards...trying to get those sounds that somehow elude us all... and I know you all know what I mean. I don't have tech crews or even sound guys "contouring my sound" I don't have access to oodles of cash for countless setups and suggestions from techs and and sound engineers.... I gotta do what I gotta do to get the sound I need. And to be very honest here, I personally think the original Kahlers (the pivot style) is the best out there by far...and I don't even have one on any guitar I own. But I digress I've been playing guitar since 1978, my very first guitar was given to me by Eric Moore of the local band gone national "The GODZ", it was a 1965 Gibson Melody Maker (no tremolo!) beautiful guitar...next was 1962 Gibson ES-330 beautiful cherry finish and the old P-90 soapbar pickups trapeze tailpiece...a joy to play. Next... a 1960 Telecaster maple neck and blonde finish original tweed case yummy...all these were played through a 50 watt Gibson Atlas VI bass amp. after that I traded and wheeled and dealed and tried many many other products from Ampegs to Marshalls to Kustoms and etc. Rack mounts I've had my share.... and pedals galore....all in an attempt to get the professional sounds I heard my fav guitarists use...like Robin Trower... and Frank Marino (I'd mention the best, Allan Holdsworth, but I nor any of us can play that, plus his sound is so unique it would be an obvious rip-off), and I feel along with other musicians here in town...it's trial and error to find what you like and to know what you don't like. I know Frank Harrison (he is nationally known and has many cd's) I must add couldn't agree with me more when it comes to using the best if you want to get great results. Right now I'm using a rare ART DST-Eighty Eighty stereo rack, with the "Pearce" amp, looped Hush II and an ART 31 band equalizer, using 3 pedals...a Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 with the new extended range pot, into an old mid 70's Morely Tel-Ray Pro Flanger into a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, the cab is a B-52 (Ampeg) LG412 set up in stereo at 4 ohms per side. This is not to brag.... but to show that I think I do know something about this, every tremolo is set up by me...they all float.. even my '72 Telecaster Custom maple neck on an '85 Stratocaster body has a stock floating trem and with the locking spertzel tuners it never goes out of tune...which takes us full circle... if a trem doesn't operate well, like say goes out of tune with massive bends up and down.. then it's just junk to me for it will never satisfy my musical cravings for perfection.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks but thats 1 (one) Pantera, the other is a TRS-III I thought too at first they were the same, but they arn't the body shape is slightly different, plus the weight of a pantera is at least a whole pound more if not more...one hting that drew me to the Pantera's in the first place was the shape then it was the neck that sold me, back then I wanted a real BC Rich but they were way too expensive for me and the necks are very simular (I like wide thin necks).. but the TRS has such a faster neck there is no real comparrison....does anyone know how many of these Westone made? I read somehwere that they only made like 300 or 350 of these. All I know is i search the web at least 1-2 times a week looking for another TRS... I do know there is one TRS out there that I know is gone.. because I bought the neck from it off Ebay last year.... for $45!!!!! what a steal, the guy who sold it said the body was trashed.. so theres at least one TRS I will never get. If and when I get some real $$$$ i would love to take this extra TRS neck and have Ed Roman make an exact body of a TRS III and make a custom guitar for me (he will...)


oh ya I always forget the Ibanez JEMvw

Warrn wrote:I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Now these are the kinds of posts I want to see! Barry, Corsair, everybody else, I think we need to forget this argument happened. Nasticanasta seems like a nice enough guy to me, just read his first posts in addition to these last two! There's no reason to get bent (hah!) out of shape over his swapping out the Bendmaster or pickups; he's here because he genuinely loves his Westones. Let's everybody just calm down and get to know the guy before we kick him out over a misunderstanding.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Yay!!! me three! :-)

Warrn wrote:Now these are the kinds of posts I want to see! Barry, Corsair, everybody else, I think we need to forget this argument happened. Nasticanasta seems like a nice enough guy to me, just read his first posts in addition to these last two! There's no reason to get bent (hah!) out of shape over his swapping out the Bendmaster or pickups; he's here because he genuinely loves his Westones. Let's everybody just calm down and get to know the guy before we kick him out over a misunderstanding.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm

OK; at last - a reasoned precis; thank you! You've certainly had some nice kit over the years, as have most of us in here and the worrying thing is that a lot of the gear I bought new, and in some cases still use! - is now classed as vintage!!Boy does that make a bloke feel old....

As for the previous posts, well, I think nasticanasta bought a lot if it down on his own head with his intransigence but if all's well now, then cool; I'm all for the quiet life.....

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

I forgot to mention that I played on the same stage that Dimebag Darrel died on (which really sucked cause Dimebag could really kick ass!)... "The Alrosa Villa".. lol I'm no Dimebag.... not even close...just thought I would mention that fact I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

nasticanasta wrote:Thanks but thats 1 (one) Pantera, the other is a TRS-III I thought too at first they were the same, but they arn't the body shape is slightly different, plus the weight of a pantera is at least a whole pound more if not more...one hting that drew me to the Pantera's in the first place was the shape then it was the neck that sold me, back then I wanted a real BC Rich but they were way too expensive for me and the necks are very simular (I like wide thin necks).. but the TRS has such a faster neck there is no real comparrison....does anyone know how many of these Westone made? I read somehwere that they only made like 300 or 350 of these. All I know is i search the web at least 1-2 times a week looking for another TRS... I do know there is one TRS out there that I know is gone.. because I bought the neck from it off Ebay last year.... for $45!!!!! what a steal, the guy who sold it said the body was trashed.. so theres at least one TRS I will never get. If and when I get some real $$$$ i would love to take this extra TRS neck and have Ed Roman make an exact body of a TRS III and make a custom guitar for me (he will...)


oh ya I always forget the Ibanez JEMvw

Warrn wrote:I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I tried to make the language in my posts as calm as possible. I can see why you might take it otherwise, as you've been on the defensive from the start of the arguing. I don't want to read any more silly arguments, I don't want to point fingers over who started it, I just want to read about, look at, and possibly hear some guitars. I don't care what pickups are in them or what tremolo (if any) is used. Doesn't even have to be a Westone or Matsumoku. I'm not trying to damn you, I was just hoping I could try and ease off the arguing. I failed.

After you said, several times, that you were being sarcastic, I reread a few of your posts with that in mind and found them less abrasive than I initially perceived. That said, I don't want to argue about tremolos or pickups anymore. This whole thing is beyond silly.

You have two beautiful Panteras, and that's all that matters. As I said, I would love to hear them or see them in action.

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

nasticanasta wrote: I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

Ah, yes - the things we do to play music to a crowd and feed the performing addiction!! I've played many genres up to and including "Mary Hopkins numbers on acoustic in wine bars", to quote Vim Fuego!! Country, C&W, bluegrass, pop, funk, disco, metal, hard rock, soft rock, and every type of jazz just to feed the fever and to be 'in a band', which is either fabulously good or horrendously bad!!

That'd be Columbus, Ohio yes?

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 pm

You betcha Columbus Ohio... (Co-lame-bus) as we call it... no one ever really comes to town except rarely.. they all go to Cleveland or Cincy... or even Akron and Toledo be fore anyone comes here... it's crazy. though we do have great regulars like Robin Trower.... he comes here at least once a year and that's always a joy, I never tire of Trowers blues style.. but anymore I must travel to Cleveland to see any good bands. But you are so right... "The things we do for love.....la la la" (aka - the song by 10cc)

corsair wrote:
nasticanasta wrote: I played in a thrash band way back in the 90's played all over Columbus called Extractor. P.S. I really don't like thrash. lol

Ah, yes - the things we do to play music to a crowd and feed the performing addiction!! I've played many genres up to and including "Mary Hopkins numbers on acoustic in wine bars", to quote Vim Fuego!! Country, C&W, bluegrass, pop, funk, disco, metal, hard rock, soft rock, and every type of jazz just to feed the fever and to be 'in a band', which is either fabulously good or horrendously bad!!

That'd be Columbus, Ohio yes?

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

silly arguments removed

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm

hey is there any way we can rid this community of the "cra-zee debatee" as in removing all we posted over this grave misunderstanding by all including me?... I feel so embarrassed over it lol

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Nah, bro - let's leave it there to remind ourselves not to be so bloody precious!!!!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by nasticanasta on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm

So be it, I comply. I actually thought of that while writing that...but even then I wanted to shorten its "reverence" ;-)
corsair wrote:Nah, bro - let's leave it there to remind ourselves not to be so bloody precious!!!!

nasticanasta
Senior Member

Number of posts : 182
Age : 57
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Barry on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am

nasticanasta wrote:hey is there any way we can rid this community of the "cra-zee debatee" as in removing all we posted over this grave misunderstanding by all including me?... I feel so embarrassed over it
Hey Nasti, you're not the first one to ruffle a few feathers here (including me!). Glad to see we're all resolved and focused again. Great stuff!

Now, let's start over...Hi Nasticanasta and welcome to the forum! I think you may have a few things to contribute to this Westie guitar stuff!

_________________
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." -Chuckles the Clown


GUITARS : http://legend.barryeames.com/guitars.html
MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: http://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 6027
Age : 71
Location : Port Weller, St. Catharines, Canada
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://www.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm glad this could be resolved on friendly terms!

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Whoa!

Come on boys, play nicely!

I go away for a couple of days and I come back to find that you guys have been having a full blown argument... really, I thought better of you all!

However, I see that you have all 'kissed and made up' as it were, so there will be no more said about this. I hope that I don't have to start getting heavy handed with you just because one or two of you happen to disagree about a couple of things, so let that be an end to it please! Although we may have certain issues with what amounts to minor things, that we may or may not like, ultimately, we are all members of this forum for the same reason... we are passionate about our guitars.

No more throwing your toys or spitting your dummies out please or I will not buy any of you, any more sweeties, ever again!


Polly

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by boutjp97 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Sorry.

boutjp97
Senior Member

Number of posts : 306
Age : 43
Location : Boston, New York USA
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:30 pm

What he said.....

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Corsair GT

Post by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/[/img]I bought a beautiful Corsair GT in "Violin Sunburst" finish on Ebay, after getting a "crackle finish" Spectrum GT found for a steal at a flea market. It set up well, with adjustable blades for the trem system and both of my Westones play great. I hadn't heard much of Westone guitars basically, but I think they are quality instruments, and are my second favorite electric guitar brand now. I find I like mostly the 80s era axes..... hair band days with the Floyd trems. The Kaman GTX 33 is my Fav, I have two of them in different finishes. With all my guitars, I totally customize the electronics, and with my choice brands and double coil taps for the neck and bridge pups, I can get most any sound I want from metal to country.
On the Westones, I find that the Bendmaster tremelo is great, and that gadjet that keeps you in tune while string bending is a must have.


Last edited by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarify and add)

gitarboy
Newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by umpdv5000 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Which only goes to show that its all down to opinion. Sigh! Glad you're enjoying your new found guitar guitarboy.

I've only just dropped in on this topic and I have been fixated to the postings all the way through. Talk about the Jerry Springer Show (that's one of those live chat shows where you do your dirty washing in public), what a show you guys could put up. I do have to say though, I personally don't have a preference that puts one particular brand or mechanical / electronic hardware on a pedestal. I try to judge everything on the merits as I find them. It's only natural to lean toward certain products that you find better or suit your needs best and I have noticed that there have been occasions when certain members can be a little over zealous in protecting their preference to Westones and their fittings. I only have 2 Westones, both which I have recently acquired (which has been mentioned in other topics, both of which I have renovated) and I only joined this forum to find out a little more about the different models and info on the ones I now have, The Thunder 1A that I have is a class instrument that I would put up against any top end guitar and I would be confident that it would not be out of position. My other newly acquired Westone Spectrum Series II bass is a different story. It's pretty middle range and wouldn't stand up against top end basses for solid construction. Having said that, the hardware and pickup are good. But although these are my findings, not everyone will share my views and I have to respect that. The same as I don't get along too well with EMG pickups as the set I had on a custom built strat style arrangement were very clinical sounding (although I haven't tried the whole range), yet the music press at the time raved about them. I replaced them with a set of standard US strat pickups and the guitar came to life. I could say that they were worthless bits of junk, but it's obvious someone rates them. I think if you can find enjoyment in something that others can't, you are a very lucky person. Are we all lucky people on this group? I hope so.

Martin.

umpdv5000
Senior Member

Number of posts : 230
Age : 60
Location : St Helens, Merseyside, England.
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Check out my revised post

Post by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for the correspondence. Mabey I just got lucky, but hopefully you will happen across a Westone like I have that may change your experience with the brand for the better. I found that in the right hands, some guitars (not all) can be made into excellent players and improved in sound. I have good luck it seems usually getting the most out of set ups and re-wiring electronics. Good to have found this site, and folks like you to trade comments with.

gitarboy
Newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Warrn on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Martin, the general consensus of the Korean-made instruments is not actually all that positive, outside of them using up the great hardware and pickups leftover from the Matsumoku factory. It really is the Mats instruments that we're here for, though we don't mind the Korean ones. We just won't back them up nearly as strongly.

Warrn
Moderator

Number of posts : 1093
Age : 27
Location : Gainesville, FL
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by corsair on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 am

Sometimes we - well, I!! - get a little annoyed with what - to my mind - I find are unwarranted, ill thought out demolitions of something that has worked perfectly for me and if the mood strikes me become a little childish about the whole damn thing but generally, sanity will eventually prevail and things will carry on in the vein that we all can get on with.

I apologise.

That is a truly spectacular Corsair you have there, fella, and while we do become a little precious about the whole MIJ/MIK thing in here - often with good reason - that look like a find to be envied!! Personally, I want one of the flouro pink SLM Corsair1440s....

... and I've found the Bendmaster Deluxe an excellent bridge as well!!

_________________
FWIW, an after market esoteric nut is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a great way to convert your money into someone else’s.

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5213
Age : 57
Location : Hervey Bay, Australia.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:34 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum