The Cavern Club Liverpool v The Hard Rock Cafe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cavern Club Liverpool v The Hard Rock Cafe

Post by Spiritinthesky99 on Fri May 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Liverpool’s legendary Cavern Club is going to court in a bid to end a 20-year David and Goliath row over who is entitled to own the rights to its name – ‘the place where it all began’ or a Hard Rock cafe in Boston, Massachusetts, where Brian Epstein didn’t discover The Beatles.

Please sign the petition to help support The Cavern. 

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/its-a-hard-days-fight-the-cavern-club

Spiritinthesky99
Registered Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cavern Club Liverpool v The Hard Rock Cafe

Post by Sgt. Vimes on Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 am

Oh how time distorts fact, ‘the place where it all began’....well, it didn't begin there as most people know but rather it began in a small place called The Casbah Club, where the beatles played their first gigs.
Even the Cavern Club doesn't exist anymore
Speaking as a scouser, this just seems yet another case of "the good people of liverpool" are playing the martyr card and they get no sympathy from me, especially seeing as how the club had changed names and ownership many times and ironically having a pub on the site of The Cavern Club named The Abbey Road ! did the people of Camden in london (where Abbey road resides) start a petition to stop these bar owners using this name? no.

All in all a fair cause, but there's too much hypocrisy for my liking, I won't be voting, after all...what's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.  Very Happy

Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top