String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

View previous topic View next topic Go down

String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

Post by Slimm on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

I have a Spectrum Fx that belonged to my cousin. I got it when he passed suddenly and it has sat for ~25 years in it's case. He was an amazing musician and played/used his guitar more than he cared for and maintained it. One knob and all of the string locks were missing and I want to replace them. I spent about 10 years doing machine work and can make the parts but being a high level amputee and suffering 6 herniated disc, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and a few more health problems I would rather buy the items and move on to finishing my learning to play. My cousin was helping me learn to play when he passed, I haven't touched a guitar since.
Slimm
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

Post by corsair on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

If you PM Sgt Vimes, he may be able to help you with the locking plates but the knob is a little more awkward - those that have spare ones tend to hang onto them as they are peculiar to Westone and thus as rare as rocking-horse crap!!

Administrator

Number of posts : 5584
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Slimm on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am

Thank you corsair for your help. I am working on just making a couple sets of knobs with a friend that has a machine shop. 

Slimm
Slimm
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top