Westone Concord DX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Westone Concord DX

Post by MagnusSwe on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi people.

I Just Bought a Concord DX on the Swedish version of Ebay. I’m almost sure it’s Toby’s Guitar the same images was used in this tread and in the ad. The Serial number on the neck Is 4091302.

That’s just 36 of from the number posted by “concordDX” above. I guess this is his ad:

http://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-will-sell-together-or-seperate-W0QQAdIdZ150630582

Perhaps that's the same guitar as “thedude051” mentions in his signature on ultimate-guitar.com’ forum (he’s from Ontario to)? That makes 2-3 guitars of this model mentioned on the net.

Right now I’m having fun with the guitar. It looks like xxxx but since It’s not aware of this it play ridiculously well

Is there any particular picture you want to see IF I take it apart next weekend? This is what I know:

1. There is something funny with the bridge attachment (partly unscrewed to compensate for ??what ?)
  2. There is 2 worrying cracks. One on the right side of the body were the neck attaches. The other is the big one visible in Tobys pictures. It can also be seen from the back if I remove the cover over the jack/pots compartment. It a crack from the jack to the volume :-(
  3. Pickup selector I broken (works, it’s just the level that’s broken)
  4. Pots have received a blow.
  5. Stringlock is replaced with some kind of homemade “string collector”
  6. lower Strapbolt replaced/redrilled

Ahhh. Just a Quick look at the pickups. Looks like the one in “anaerobe’s” picture but the back-plate is Steel or aluminum. There is no marking on the pickups but there is a sticker in the bottom of the cut out for the neck pickup. There is a number: 5826 950 .

By the way, did I mention the guitar sound great despite all the cracks and junk? Especially if you pull the tone-knob into “single coil mode”.

And a question. What is the proper way to “introduce” a guitar to the forum. I’m afraid I will need some help during the inspection of this guitar. I don’t want to mess anything up or fix something that ain’t broken.

MagnusSwe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 pm

You're very wise to ask... and welcome here! It sounds like you have a fair idea about how to approach the dismantling process - I would suggest taking loads of relevant photos as a back-up, eh! Just take it slowly and you'll be fine...

The bridge; it should be a Bendmaster FT, with the appropriate string lock behind the nut and I'm not sure I understand yor question; are the posts that the bridge pivots on starting to come out of the body of the guitar?

The cracks; the one by the neck pocket MIGHT just be a stress crack in the lacquer - you'll see when the neck comes out... talking of which, lift the neck out of the pocket, don't slide it out in the headstock direction as there is a slight taper on the neck and pocket. I can't see any cracks in the pics so maybe you should take a few and post 'em...

The stringlock, you might be lucky to get what you need here....

http://www.westone.info/spares/index.html

.... but he has none of the baseplates left. Once again, take a picture of what you have and we'll go from there...

The strap peg, well, I take the OEM ones off and whack straplocks on 'em anyway so that's not too much of a problem.

Mate, just take some good pix of the beast and post in the members Westones section... we live to perve at other peoples guitars, and I'm a huge Spectrum fan anyway, so bring it on!

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 5212
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Another Concorde DX

Post by troy on Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

I have a Cocorde DX as well. Its nice to find that there are at least a couple of these around. Mine has some interesting modifications and I'm not sure if they were pre or post sale. It has an extra tuning knob where the original jack input was and the jack input was relocated on the bottom edge like the Spectrums. My guitar has ibanez F2 and F4 doublecoils. It sounds ok although a little tinny. If the whammy is used, it will not stay in tune even with the locks (too much distance between the locks and nut I suspect.
Troy

troy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top