Westone Corsair GT WE 7400

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by shawn10672 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 pm

</A>" </A>" </A>" </A>" Not very good quality photos. But, this guitar shreds!!!

shawn10672
Registered Member

Number of posts: 3
Registration date: 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Westone Corsair GT WE 7400

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Hello Shawn and Welcome! Very Happy

Nice guitar!
Smile

Still a Westone,
that's why I've moved it here. Albeit possibly a Korean model manufactured in 1989 or thereabouts, but a Westone, nonetheless!

Pauline
:flower: :queen:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sfalj on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:06 pm

I think I saw a couple of those on ebay just last week, very nice.

Appart from shredding, what kind of music do you play?

Sfalj

Number of posts: 169
Registration date: 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:18 am

G'day, bud - Nice! I'll admit to surreptitiously desiring a Corsair XA1440 in flouro pink, but have kept the lid on that little gem until now!

(be nice to me, all you others!!!)

It would seem that all of the Corsairs were at the least assembled in Korea in about 1988 onwards, maybe from Matsumoku parts. It does not detract from their playability as super guitars, but possibly a little from their resale value! That said, most Westones are WAY way undervalued at present, so grab 'em while you can, kiddies....

There's an Spectrum FX on NZ's Trade me at present....hmmm, "Dear, I NEED this guitar because it's different to the rest because...!!" Laughing Laughing

corsair
Administrator

Number of posts: 4602
Registration date: 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by shawn10672 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:35 am

Definately a Korean model. According to the serial it was made in 88'. It does have american parts on it though. Kahler tremolo, dual humbuckers. I can't really say what else though. There's not a whole lot of info on this model. It appears blue in photos, but to the naked eye it's actually purple. Not listed as a color produced. I mainly play classic rock n' roll and blues riffs. Although, I am into a little shredding here and there. This guitar puts my Fender Strat and Ibenez Destroyer to shame, both in sound quality and playabilty. I'm glad I was able to pick it up for only 2 bills. Thanks for the responce. I hope to correspond more in the future.

shawn10672
Registered Member

Number of posts: 3
Registration date: 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by oxalate on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I recently stumbled upon what i believe to be the same as the model pictured above. I was wondering what the guitar is worth today. I could only find prices from the earlier 90's.

oxalate

Number of posts: 2
Registration date: 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:09 am

Hello Ox and Welcome! Smile

Are you considering buying this model? If so, the only advice that I can give you is this: Ask yourself how much you are prepared to pay and how badly do you want the guitar? Negotiate around the price that you are willing to pay, the seller may just agree to what you offer.

On the other hand, if you are selling one, check out completed listings on eBay. List it with a reasonable enough starting price. Either way, a guitar, any guitar, is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I hope this helps.

Pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by oxalate on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah that does help. I was more curious as to what it was worth. I am not looking to sell it. I was just curious. Any idea on a ballpark price?

Thanks

oxalate

Number of posts: 2
Registration date: 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Phewee! Now you're asking! scratch

I'm sorry mate, but I haven't got a clue as to what it might be worth.
scratch As I said before, check out completed listings on eBay, they would only give you a rough indication, but that's about it really.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific than that. Maybe some of the other guys might have a better idea as to its value though.

Pauline

Back to top Go down

WESTONE Spectrum Series

Post by hendrik on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi,

seems I just found the Siamese twin of your guitar.
Bought it recently on RICARDO, some kind of local EBAY.
Price was 200 CHF.
The guitar shreds and .... much more.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6180/thesisters2.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5873/spectrum4.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5015/spectrum3.jpg

Last edited by hendrik on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Picture Links)

hendrik

Number of posts: 195
Registration date: 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 pm

G'day hendrik - you may find it easier to post your pix to a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack, and then c&p the image link into your post here; at least that's what I do!

I'd be prepared to lay odds that yours is a Spectrum SP6112...

http://www.westone.info/spectrumseries2.html

...about halfway down, simply because of the non-reverse headstock and what looks to be a Bendmaster Deluxe bridge on your avatar pic...

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Corsair and Spectrum Series

Post by hendrik on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:44 pm

G'Day Corsair,

your right, it's an SP6112 as shown in my avatar.
But the look really similar,same color, same pickups, so I got this feeling about Siamese twins, which have been separated.
The tremolo is different, but the electronics seems to be the same.
Also Korean made I guess. Tremolo says TRS101.

hendrik

Number of posts: 195
Registration date: 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:39 pm

oh yeah; this happens a lot especially with the late 80's models like the Clipper CL 4112, and the Corsairs and obviously your Spec II with the same colourways, slightly different electronics and specifications! I do think the TRS101 bridge is an indication of Korean build; don't get me wrong, I'm picking they're as well built as the Matt ones at this stage! - and if Westone.info isn't sure of country of manufacture, then the answer may never be known!! Laughing

I would like to have a look at yours; can you post some pix for us to have a look at, please? Smile

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 pm

corsair wrote:... I would like to have a look at yours; can you post some pix for us to have a look at, please? Smile

Patience my dear friend, Hendrik is having some problems getting his photos to upload so he is sending them on to yours truly here and I'll get them put up as soon as they arrive!

All part of the service!
Laughing

Pauline :flower: :queen:

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Did that model come stock with the white pups and ring? Good looking guitar, love the quit top!

halo71
Westone Nut

Number of posts: 77
Registration date: 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 pm

yep, they did.. and yep, that IS a lovely piece of wood!! You gotta love translucent purple, eh!!

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah gotta love it! There was one of these on my local Craigslist last year for $150. Wish now I had snagged it....but I bought an old Hughes & Kettner head instead.

halo71
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Laughing ...sometimes, mate, you just gotta make a choice,eh!! And electric guitars ain't worth spit without an amp... Laughing

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:42 am

^ yeah but I really didn't need it......kinda like Peg Bundy...... "but Al it was on sale, I just had to have it!" So what does this model Westone usually go for?

halo71
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 pm

At the risk of sounding elitist, not as much as the Matsumoku ones!! What did you pay for it? Very Happy

corsair
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum